Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unblock a friend on messaging

Unblock a friend on messaging

I accidentally blocked a friend on messaging.  Is there any way to undo this?

26 Replies

Hi there,

I just blocked someone and now I regret it. I tried to add him back again, but I don't have any songs in my inbox from him, so I can't undo it. Is there any way I can add him again? 

Thanks in advance for all your help 🙂

Lula

I have the same issue, I been googling this problem. But i havent been unable to find a solution.

Hi, and welcome to hte community!

Not that i've tried it, I imagine if you can manually find their profile (spotify:user:theirusername) then you might be able to unblock from there.

If you can't, let me know!

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thanks!  Unfortunately when I went to their profile I couldn't find an option to unblock them.  It still lists me as following them and as them following me but It seems as though as soon as I blocked them they just disappeared from my inbox.  I'm also able to send songs to them but anything they send me doesn't show up on my end.

You probably need to get in touch with support here but it may be worth trying to remove them as friends then adding them back.

Hello. Is there any way to unblock a friend? I've inadvertently blocked and now can not find how to unlock it as I did not get your message. thanks

same here. i already contaced the support and there seems to be no way to unblock. 

i kindly ask the technical team to include this in the next update as from my point of view an "undo" function should not be that difficult to implement. spotify lives from sharing music and if that is not possible the main point of this tool is gone.

well, as it says when you click on the block user button, it warns that it cannot be undone. did you not see this when you clicked it?

Unfortunately I read a report from another user yesterday which said even after they got in touch with Spotify support they couldn't undo the block.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

which is the solution??

From the reports I have seen, there is no solution to unblock a friend (as it warns you in the client when you block someone). All I can suggest is you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and see if there is anything they can do for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

theres no way right now to unlock friends accordint to spotfy.

You can help by adding comments here  /I

Well I figured it out... Since they won't let you unblock a friend or delete a message that was sent to you... ie a song from old gf or bf, then they don't deserve my monthly money. Good bye Spotify, It was a great idea but nothing that was mentioned on these message boards has ever helped anyone out. You never fix really simple problems so it's sad to go, but there are others out there that like my monthly money... Hello RDIO!!!

Good luck to you all. I hope they fix this for you...... Eventually.

hello,

could we get a reply from someone at Spotify to know whether that's something planned ? Msgs on this issue date back in 2012 and NO REACTION. Serious ??

Thanks

No response on the ideas topic either:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Messages-Ability-to-Unblock/idi-p/640956

Peter

Hello, I have been looking for a result for this problem for a while now. I've checked on many websites and all over the spotify help board, and there seems to be nothing on how to unblock one of your friends in order to message them and share music with them.

Would be very grateful for any advice on how to overcome this...

Many Thanks

Joe Jones

not really, i need that undo button!! 🙂

How can i unblock my friends!?

I still think given subscription costs nowadays that your response isn't really the right one!

Suggested posts