Unfollowed artists

Plan Family

Premium

Country Spain

Device

(iPhone 6, MacBook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, OSX)

I've been using Spotify for a few years now and during this time as a customer, I followed a lot of interesting artists. I recently noticed that most of my artists are unfollowed for some reason. Spotify has unfollowed them. I have thousands of artists in my library. Going back and starting to follow them again will require a lot of time to make it happen.

I searched on the internet and someone recommended to log in and log out. It didn't work. What can I do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I contacted the support and I got the fastest help ever, on a Sunday. Kudos the Spotify support. We also found the issue. Yay.

A year ago I transferred my Spotify account from a Facebook login to an email login. All info, playlist etc were transferred accordingly but the history of my favorite artists was not. Its a shame this small detail is not baked into this service and I hope Spotify will look at it in the future. After all, we are not discussing rocket science here rather functions that I take for granted should be build in to save us a lot of headaches.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi,

from an engineer's perspective, I'm saying that it is highly unlikely that Spotify has unfollowed your artists. As far as I know, there is no such system in Spotify to do that. Maybe accidentally you unfollowed those artists or maybe someone else did who had access to your phone or any system that has your Spotify account logged in. But again it is highly unlikely that the Spotify team has done it to particularly your account.

Moreover, let's say that Spotify's engineering team has pushed a new update/patch which accidentally did this, then it will not be your account only, but a huge number of people will face the same issue and as per the Quality Assurance Spotify would have rolled back that update until they fix the underlying cause that caused this mishap.

But as none of that happened, I'm certain that this has been done accidentally from your end. I'm sure if there is any Spotify Rock Star looking at this post, he/she can maybe contact Spotify to check them the log and let you know exactly when and from which IP did it happened, but not sure if they have the policy to share that info.

How the heck do you unfollow thousands of artists, accidentally? Just for sheer curiosity maybe you can explain that too, from the engineer's perspective. Please.

Hi, it can be done using some scripts. BTW, have you connected your Spotify account with some third-party service? If so, maybe the mishap happens on their end or something.  But as you know I don't have Spotify's backend access to check your account log, so can't give you an exact answer. But what I can tell you is, you should visit here: https://support.spotify.com/in/contact-spotify-anonymous/ and then select the respective option to contact Spotify directly so that they can look into your account log and let you know when and where it happened. I wish I had that access to check and tell you but only Spotify team has that access.

Hope this helps.

Ok, thanks. Will contact them.

Marked as solution

I contacted the support and I got the fastest help ever, on a Sunday. Kudos the Spotify support. We also found the issue. Yay.

A year ago I transferred my Spotify account from a Facebook login to an email login. All info, playlist etc were transferred accordingly but the history of my favorite artists was not. Its a shame this small detail is not baked into this service and I hope Spotify will look at it in the future. After all, we are not discussing rocket science here rather functions that I take for granted should be build in to save us a lot of headaches.

I'm glad you got the answer you were looking for. Yes, this is truly unfortunate. But I hope that you have already told them than over the email, so they have your feedback and in near future, they may add this feature too. Happy to hear you got your answer. 🙂

Suggested posts