Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unique Situation -- Do I still qualify for Student Premium?

Unique Situation -- Do I still qualify for Student Premium?

Do people who graduate but are still affiliated with their institution via Fellowships etc receive eligibility for student discounts, especially if they are studying as part of the fellowship? I don't think SheerID technology itself is intelligent enough to identify that kind of situation just by a name and date of birth....

I still have my school email address for the next 2 years because of it with my student ID and everything else. I'm currently in the U.S. / am a U.S. citizen, but I'll be studying Mandarin abroad in China -- with a U.S. university and a Chinese university responsible for me. So, do I qualify for the student premium rate?

My Spotify premium switched from 4.99 to 9.99 on my statement a couple days ago and it was irritating I wasn't notified of the date it'd switch, but I also felt it shouldn't have switched in the first place (:/) which is why I'm asking if I actually do qualify and this was a mistake!

Thank you~~

3 Replies

Hi @19920506! So long as you are "currently enrolled at an accredited college or university," you should be golden. The reason your monthly bill jumped from the $4.99 to the full $9.99 price is because student plans must be re-verified every 12 months to maintain eligibility.

You may find some of the information here useful. Either way, give re-enrolling a try and see what happens. I suspect (though I cannot guarantee) that you should still be eligible for the plan, but again, no promises.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or if you run into any issue re-enrolling, and I'll see what kind of assistance I can offer. Best of luck!

Sorry I should have mentioned this; I *did* try re-enrolling in the student plan and it didn't work. It complains that they "can't verify" that I am a student. I really don't think the phrase "currently enrolled at an accredited college or university" takes into account fellowships like mine 😕 It would help if I could talk to someone at spotify but I haven't seen a phone number I can call. I am not sure what to do.

I don’t believe you would qualify because, like you said, your situation is different, and no the server they use can’t determine that. If you are no longer enrolled in full-time or part-time classes, it won’t allow you to get the discount unfortunately.

Suggested posts