Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

University Staff Discount Similar to Student Discount

University Staff Discount Similar to Student Discount

Spotify Competitors such as Apple Music, Pandora, etc. all offer University Student and Staff Discounts.  Spotify only offers Student Discount.

I am an instructor and currently pay $9.99 for Spotify Premium.  I have now signed up for Apple Music for $4.99 and am trying it out to ensure it has all my tracks and to build my Playlist there.  Once done (a few days away), I intend to switch and cancel my Spotify account.

This is just a courtesy message and an ask to have Staff discount to prevent switches.  I have been an avid Spotify Supporter and don't want to leave, but feel that I have no choice.  Appreciate you looking into this matter.

1 Reply

As an editor for a university's academic catalog, Spotify is a must for me. It keeps me from falling asleep while auditing 40+ page policies about blah blah blabbity blah. That being said, I am tired of listening to Reba talk about Smoky Mountain BBQ! If the student discount applied to staff/faculty you'd bet I'd be the first to buy, but for now my broke a** will have to settle for the ads. Hopefully Spotify eventually does help us poor folks in ed. 😕

Suggested posts