Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

PC, and PS4???

Operating System

Windows 10 & Linux both affected

My Question or Issue

I am seeing a PS4 in my connected devices list in the Spotify app. I do not own nor have I ever connected to a PS4 before. However, I am currently connected to my dorm's network and there might be a PS4 connected to it somewhere. Does spotify pick up PS4's that are connected to the same network that my devices are, or is my account compromised and should I change my password?

Screenshot_2019-12-25_22-21-15.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The device there isnโ€™t connected to your Spotify though, it is just within the area. They do not have your Spotify info and can not connect without it. They simply just have their Bluetooth on. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies

If I were you I would go to the Spotify web link, which you can easily find by typing into any search engine, and log in. Once you have logged in there will be three lines next to your profile picture. When you click them it will give you the option to view account. Click account and scroll down to the button that says log out of all accounts. Then I would change your password. This will ensure that the mysterious device is off. 

Marked as solution

The device there isnโ€™t connected to your Spotify though, it is just within the area. They do not have your Spotify info and can not connect without it. They simply just have their Bluetooth on. 

That is good to hear, although I think I will apply the solution for logging out of all accounts in your other message as well, just in case. Thank you very much.

I faced the same issue, but there is no PS4 nearbuy for sure. I see some PS4 as "Unavaillabe for listening on". This is weird - I walked somewhere near someones PS and now this mark with me forever? Sadness. :c

Any way to hide or remove it from the list?

Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 14.15.39.png

Hey there @vovchisko,

Thank you for your post.

If youโ€™ve ever used Spotify on a shared network, you may see other devices in the picker that were connected to that network too. You can have only local devices show by heading to Settings > Devices > Show Local Devices.

Just to make sure that you don't have any unauthorized activity on your account we recommend you to follow these steps on our support site.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers! 

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I turned on "Show only local devices" and still seeing this PS4-694 device (as not available to play).

Hey @vovchisko,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

In that case it's a good idea to reach to the customer support team of PlayStation ask them to make sure that your Spotify account is not connected to a PSN account. You can reach out to them here

As such connections are managed by Sony, only they can disconnect any they might find. Be sure to also follow the additional steps for securing your Spotify account that @Elena posted.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Alright Good Its Solved For Any More Help Rember the Spotify Community Is One Post Away ๐Ÿ™‚ *Link - Snipped*

Help Me Become a Rockstar By Liking This ๐Ÿ™‚ 
- Ben 

Have a Amazing Day/Night 

That dosnt work though does it

Suggested posts