Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unknown device connected to my account

Unknown device connected to my account

I woke up this morning and someone was playing "Bohemiam Rhapsody" on repeat from a device I've never seen before--an iOS device called "Brady's iPhone." I don't know a Brody and nobody in my family has an iPhone (wife and I use androids). I changed the account password but it makes me nervous. Any way you could tell me how this person logged in to my account--was it through FB or the direct sign-in? 

5 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this. Be aware Spotify will not give you any information about the user such as IP address, but they may be able to tell you how the account was logged in. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

If you've changed your password, you may use the 'logout everywhere' function to log everyone (including yourself) out of your account.

To logout everywhere, please go to your account page, and click the Sign out everywhere button to logout all devices that are connected to your account.

Also, does your account have the same mail address as before?

Edit: @Peter__ Fast and the Peterious 😛

Hey @ogradybt and welcome to the community!

Follow these steps to make sure no one hacks into your account:

1. Change your passwords (facebook, email-account.. at least that the thief doesn't have access to it)
2. Go to your account settings and push the button "sign out everywhere" on the bottom.
3. If the "hacker" deleted some of your playlists, you can recover them here.

After that, get in touch with the support as Peter said.

Hope that helps and no one but you is using your account again!

hallo, I have same problem. this is no first time. I am sure that my account is not broken. it is very unconfortable. how you help me? this is screen unknown device...

IMG_20180210_123332.png

I just had exactly the same with an 'iPhone di Alessandra'. Please note that I'm on a company wifi network, so a properly secured one...

Suggested posts