Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unknown device in spotify connect and lack of a way to remove it

Unknown device in spotify connect and lack of a way to remove it

Not that i think it is relevant but i have a family premium account. I have spotify on my windows machine, linux machine and on my android phone.

My issue is today i saw a ps4 device in my spotify connect. On my phone there was a forget this device option i clicked it but though it did not show up on my phone app anymore it was still present in my windows app. The i proceeded to try and remove it from device offline devices in the browser but it wasn't there. It is important to mention that i am 100% sure the ps4 is not mine, I haven't touched a ps4 in my life. Nobody i know has a ps4.

I contacted support and they told me the only way to remove the ps4 from my account is to completely migrate my account to a new account. Not even changing my password would remove the ps4. I would have to re add all my family members and I would also lose all my listening history and playlist spotify made for me. How on earth spotify's only way of removing an unauthorized access is to migrate a whole account ?

I hope devs can fix this.

7 Replies

Hey there!
I'm not sure if this will work or not, considering what the support team said, but it's worth to try since this seems to me like a hacked account.

1. Open the password reset form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.
    2. Go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

I also strongly suggest you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
    • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
    • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

Hope this helps, have a nice day! 🙂

It literally says signing out does not include playstations. Tried it anyways and didn't work. I don't use facebook by the way.

Hey @enes-101,

Sounds like the same thing that happened to me a couple times. Another family member of mine, who uses the same broadband connection as me, has an Xbox which sometimes shows up in my Spotify Connect in my Windows App. It isn't in my offline devices however.

Unless this issue gets fixed by an update, all you can do is to just ignore the PS4 in your Connect. The person with the PS4 should not have access to your account.

Let me know if you still need help.

Felix

I have been ignoring it too. And it hasn't disturbed me in anyway. Still it would be nice if the problem is fixed. At the moment i dont need any help. Thanks

Hello @enes-101,

It's important to mention that you can connect to a PlayStation without actually linking your Spotify Account to the PlayStation. All it takes is being on the same WiFi network and you can stream music to the PlayStation. There is a few third party devices that have this property.

Is it possible that there is a PlayStation on your network?

Looking forward to your reply.

I am not sure about that. I live in a university dormitory, so it is plausible. Can it start streaming to my laptop or my phone, like the way i can start streaming to my laptop from my phone and vice versa ?

Hey @enes-101,

Thanks for getting back to us.

You can definitely stream from any Connect device to another Connect device. Keep in mind that some devices need to be woken-up by starting music on said device. It depends on what device and what network properties it has.

Hope it answers the question. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts