Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unknown devices being used and playlists erased

Unknown devices being used and playlists erased

During the last days I saw my account in Spotify getting connected to devices I don't recognize. Basically someone was connecting remotely to my account. Beside that most of my playlists have been erased. Also new playlists have appeared. What can i do to recover my playlists and avoid those devices to get connected?

2 Replies

Hey @resf83, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Could you try a couple things and then let me know if the problem still continues?

1) On Spotify.com, go to your Account page and change your password. While some users have said that this hasn't fixed their problem, it has worked in other cases. (Facebook users have to change their Facebook password instead.)

2) Also on your Account page, there is an option that says "Sign Out Everywhere" which will disconnect you from all active devices. If you do this as well as change your password then the problem should disappear.

3) Another option is to go to the Apps tab on your Account page, here you can revoke permission from apps that want to access your Spotify account. If you see anything here that you don't trust, remove it from the list. I currently have 3 apps connected.

Once you've secured your account, you can try to recover your playlists here: https://www.spotify.com/account/recover-playlists/

Let me know how it goes 🙂

I had an app lithium.com that didn't recognized. Right now I have what's below. I will try to recover the playlists. Thanks for your help! Best regards.

print.PNG

Suggested posts