Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unknown devices using my account and I can't set a password

Unknown devices using my account and I can't set a password

I'm experiencing a problem with an unknown device showing up in my device list. Whoever it is - I think they're eastern european - he/she is creating playlists and listening to generally bad 90s trance music on my account

I tried setting a device password but the email link takes me to a page saying:

"Oh no!
Something has gone wrong!"

I tried setting a password through facebook but I'm not sure it's doing anything - I still can't set a device password.

Come on Spotify, help me stop the throwback music.

3 Replies

Hi, @EdChow81!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

In this case, best thing to do is head here and click "Sign Out Everywhere". We'd also recommend changing your password to something super secure, just to be safe.

If you created your account using your Facebook profile, you'll need to change your Facebook password. 

Don't hesitate to create new thread if you need some extra help.

Have a nice day. 

I've already clicked on log out everywhere before.  I can also login using Facebook or a email/password - the passwords are different.  But I can't change my password in Spotify - so that's a problem.

I'm guessing whoever it is is using to login to my account because I have my Facebook set to use two-factor auth and get texts/notifications when logging in.

It really looks like there is something wrong on Spotify's end.  I need to reset the email/password login password but I can't seem to do that because the site says I'm using Facebook to login - which isn't the only way to login to my account.

So whoever it is is in my account still and I can't do anything about it.  Definitely not liking this.  Can you guys fix my account so I can change my passwords?

Suggested posts