Unknown favourites/playlists in my list

Highlighted

Re: Unknown favourites/playlists in my list

Hey @Puffin502.

Thanks for getting back to us.

It sounds like someone might have taken over your account. Even if you're not seeing any other suspicous activity on your account, we'd still recommend that you secure your account by following the steps in this Spotify Answer.

You can then either manually remove the songs that you don't want, or you can reach out to our Customer Support team here, who can revert your saved music and playlists to how they were before this started happening.

Keep us posted - we'll be here in case you need any more help with this 😉

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

SIPAnkh
Visitor
Well, how about users that have a premium account. We have the $9.99 account for two users, where one can be online and the other is using the service offline, ie only 1 user at the time can be on a live stream. My daughter is pretty much using it live while I do offline and connect only to download selected favorites. However, what is annoying I constantly end up with unknown favorites in my favorites, how do I stop this short of getting really upset and canceling altogether (it is becoming super annoying!) . We are Mac/OS X users and iPhone app users (I use it only on my iPhone 11).
Highlighted

Hi @SIPAnkh,

Thanks for your question! 

Bear in mind that Spotify is intended for single use only - meaning 1 account should be used by 1 user. 

It's normal that the app synchronizes the songs across different devices because that's the way it's meant to be when one user wants to have it installed on PC and on their phone for easy use.

If you want to avoid your and your daughter's favorite getting all mixed up, we'd recommend you to try Premium Family. That way you'll both use two separate accounts but will pay a discounted price. You'll also be able to listen to you own music without things getting messed up.

For the one of you who decides to create a new account, here's a way to save the existing playlists in the new account.

We hope this helps 🙂 Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SUGGESTED POSTS