Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unknown music starts in my WLAN speaker

Solved!

Unknown music starts in my WLAN speaker

Hello, the last two weeks my WLAN speaker starts to play music, sometimes in the afternoon sometimes in the middle of the night. It is very scary and we don't like this kind of music. When I turn off spotify, it starts again with that music ("Cannabis At", "Canon fever"). 

I can see the user of the playlists. Did He hack my WLAN Speaker? Is it possible to contact him? I can't see any action on my router. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany 

Device

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm glad to hear you didn't have that issue anymore. Make sure to reach out if you do, I'll be happy to help 🙂

As far as how did them access your speaker, if they have access to your account (and device that's connected to your Wi-Fi) the might be able to control your speaker.

Hope this helps and let me know if there's anything else I can help with. 😉
Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi @user-removed!

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Hope this helps! Let me know if there's anything else I can help with 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hello and thanks, for this solution. I changed my password and -  at the moment i had no foreign music playing. BUT for me my discribed problem makes no sense, because if somebody hacks my account, he can't still control my speaker. For this you have to be in WLAN range. There are only 3 people in range (small village). 

Marked as solution

I'm glad to hear you didn't have that issue anymore. Make sure to reach out if you do, I'll be happy to help 🙂

As far as how did them access your speaker, if they have access to your account (and device that's connected to your Wi-Fi) the might be able to control your speaker.

Hope this helps and let me know if there's anything else I can help with. 😉
Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts