Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unknown people logging in

Solved!

Unknown people logging in

My Question or Issue

I have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. After the first log in, I logged out of all devices and changed my password, but people are still getting in. What can I do to stop this?

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone X

68 Replies

Never understood what the issue was, I ended up unsubscribing, only to
subscribe again using a new email account.

Hi folks,

Thank you for reaching out about this in the Community!

I'd recommend going through the steps in this article ASAP. Remember that it's important to log out of all devices before resetting your passwords, as there are some speaker systems that won't kick out the account automatically upon a password change.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It sounds like your Spotify account may have been compromised, and someone is accessing it from different locations. Here are a few steps you can take to secure your account and prevent unauthorized access:

1. Change your password: Make sure to use a strong and unique password for your Spotify account. Avoid using easily guessable information like your birthdate or name.

2. Enable two-factor authentication: This will add an extra layer of security to your account by requiring a code sent to your phone to log in.

3. Review your account activity: Check your account activity to see if there are any unauthorized logins or changes to your account. If you notice any suspicious activity, report it to Spotify.

4. Check your connected devices: Go to your account settings, under the "Devices" tab, check all the devices connected to your account and remove any unknown or unauthorized devices.

5. Be careful with phishing: Be wary of any unsolicited emails or text messages that ask for your Spotify account information. Spotify will never ask for your password via email or text message.

6. Contact Spotify support: If you continue to experience unauthorized access to your account, contact Spotify support for further assistance.

It is important to take prompt action to secure your account and prevent further unauthorized access. Spotify support team will be able to assist you in securing your account and investigating suspicious activity. They may also be able to provide more specific guidance on how to secure your account.

@itsdanriley wrote:

Enable two-factor authentication: This will add an extra layer of security to your account by requiring a code sent to your phone to log in.

Enable 2FA?!?! Wow amazing idea.  Everyone, go do this right now!

I have the same issue as well although I really take care of my accounts security state. I think that a data breach happened because I have lost access to my account temporarily and someone else from Turkey (not me ofc) was using it.

I have the same problem, I changed my password 2 times. But someone is still listening music with my Spotify account from Greece, I am in Germany. He changed my subscription plan to family and made playlists and stuff, please help!

Hi there @Robin39,

Thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that your account has been taken over. The best way to go forward is to follow the steps listed in this Support Article. This will assure that your account is used only by you. 

It's also a good idea to change the password on your email address, since this has happened more than once. If the hacker has made any changes to your Library, you can follow the steps in the "Lost anything?" section to contact our customer support team for further assistance.

Hope this helps and that you can secure your account.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi my name is Doug Shackleton  some person has haced into my account  and replace my picture  with hers   this is my email **bleep**  she now controls this has destroyed  my Facebook can you please  help me get my Spotify back

If Spotify cared we would have multi-factor protection on our accounts.. i am still waiting for that, but not holding my breath

Suggested posts