Announcements

Unknown people logging in

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Unknown people logging in

Hi. I've been having the very same problem in the last two days. In particular someone from Turkey have been using my account, adding new playlists I have never seen and changing some settings on my account, so now I keep receiving email notifications written in Turkish every time I access mu account or change the password! I have already followed all the steps suggested by the Spotify assistance guide, including making sure that country is correctly set. However I keep receiving emails in Turkish! What else should I do to fix this mess?

Thanks

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Okay - spoken to support twice.

Asked to change password and delete cookies but this didn't stop the alerts. Support implied that I have something on my PC and don't seem to get that I reset my passwords (my email has 2FA) and that I've done it on a completely separate PC (work PC).

Two hours after doing that I got a new notification saying someone accessed it from the US. 

I've spoken with support again and I was told to change the email address 😞

Highlighted

Casual Listener
I was change email address as well. What precisely does that mean? Can you change the email address linked to an account?
And also I have never heard of this before (that’s not to say it has not happened) but isn’t this a Spotify software/ security issue? I am not an IT guru and so I accept my question may be a stupid one
Highlighted

Gig Goer
If you find this happening, you could have compromised email on dark web and or malicious actor. Change your email passwords associated with spotify. Then once all passwords done. Look into settings there should be an option, Log me out of all Devices. This will sign out all those that were logged in as you.
Highlighted

Gig Goer

This issue has affected thousands of users for years now.  Spotify refuses to implement 2 factor authentication or fix the source of these leaked user credentials.  Change your password to something unique and make sure you weren't that password with any other services.

Highlighted

Community Legend

Hey @G_Loc,

Thanks for posting here! 

Please bear in mind that Spotify's database is secure. There could be security breaches due to other services connected to your Spotify app.

To make sure you prevent cases like that, you can remove any third-party apps with access to your Spotify. 

Besides that, since you feel strongly about 2FA, we advise you to add your vote to this idea to support it if you already haven't. 

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

Gig Goer

That idea is 5 years old, put "under consideration" in 2018, and recent comments indicate that it's not happening any time soon. Spotify does not take this issue seriously.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I have had these emails too - one unknown location, one from China and one from somewhere else. I have since changed my password, but still the emails keep coming.

All the links in the emails are valid Spotify links, it's not some kind of phishing attack.

If I've changed my password, why does Spotify think that someone from China is logging in to my account? Has there been some kind of compromise?

Highlighted

Regular

hello im elayla from turkey. Ihave bought a samsung A7 1week ago and i open new email. I open a new spotify and use it about 5days. Today when i was listening bubblgumbitch from marina i saw that my song is beeing changed to very bad songs that they have lot of swearing and isaw ihave "liked song" but i dont have liked song was from dababe and its so annoying. I have changed my password a lot but its still hacking my acount!

Country`s from germany-france-USA

PLEASE help me im afraid and i loged out from my acount im worry about my email... thanks for your help

Highlighted

Regular
Hi! Ihave that problem to... ihope spotify help us to keep our acount safe.
SUGGESTED POSTS