Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unknown people logging into account

Unknown people logging into account

Plan

Free

Country

United states

Device

iPhone x

Operating System

(iOS 13.5

My Question or Issue

over the last week or 2, I’ve gotten over 10 emails from Spotify informing me that unknown users from all over the world are logging into my Spotify account. I’ve changed my password 2x, checked who has access to my account, and logged out everywhere several times but people continue to log in. Almost all accounts I have associated with the email from Spotify have been accessed by others including my email account and silly things like clothing accounts. I have changed all these passwords, but Spotify keeps getting logged into, so I’m nervous my gmail account will be logged into again as well. I’ve emails Spotifys support email, but they haven’t really helped. How do I secure my account!! Please help ASAP thank you!

3 Replies

Hey @Ashleyleilani, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

If you've reached out to Spotify Customer support, they should get back to you shortly if they haven't - to try and restore access to the account back to you. You can also get in touch with them by checking out this support article and skip to Step 2.

There is a great guide here, which has measures you can take to protect your account from this happening in the future. I'd also recommend not using the same password on Spotify you would for other sites, just to be safe, and make sure to not give anyone your Spotify log in details.

To identify if emails you receive from Spotify are legit or not, take a look at this support article.

Spotify cares deeply about the security and data of every user's account, including yours. Their Security Team works around the clock to make sure that your account and your personal information are safe and encrypted.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, let me know. I'm here for you!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I’ve checked to make sure the Spotify emails are legit, and the emails end with @spotify.com in all of them so I’m assuming they are real, but I’m still having this problem, even after following the article and going to step 2. The Spotify support team emailed me back, but all I was told to do was what you suggested with the article and step 2, which I’ve done so I’m not sure how i should continue. Thanks for your help! If you have any other tips please let me know!

Hey @Ashleyleilani

Thanks for the info.

Once you've completed Step 2, Spotify support should get back to you shortly and help return access to the account back to you.

You're welcome, if you have any more questions, just let me know. I'm here to help!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts