Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unknown playlists showing up under "recover playlists" option

Solved!

Unknown playlists showing up under "recover playlists" option

Hi, 

today I noticed two unknown playlists under "recover playlists" in my account, which were supposedly deleted  within the last week. As far as I know, I never created nor deleted these lists, and I'm also sure nobody else had access to my account during that time. (I'm only logged in from devices under my direct control, they haven't been used by someone else in the last two weeks,) 

The rest of my data (listening history, other playlists) looks completely normal with nothing missing or extra, so I doubt anyone hacked into my account.

Is it possible that 2 unrelated deleted playlists somehow got linked to my account by the system? Thanks for any insight.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

That is definitely strange! If you would like someone to look into this a little closer for you, I would sugges toy get in touch with the Spotify support team directly using the online contact form and they can check this out in a little more detail.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Do you log in using Facebook or with a Spotify username?

Peter

Thanks for the quick reply. It's a Facebook login with no speparate Spotify username.

Marked as solution

That is definitely strange! If you would like someone to look into this a little closer for you, I would sugges toy get in touch with the Spotify support team directly using the online contact form and they can check this out in a little more detail.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Thanks, I'm ging to do that.

Just for the record: Spotofy support replied. According to them it's a known issue that has to do with playlist recovery still being a very new functionality.

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know!

Peter

Suggested posts