Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unknown user hacked my account, never got an email.

Unknown user hacked my account, never got an email.

I went on my Spotify app to play music and when I logged on, it said a chrome device was playing. I saw that there was some random music playing that i’ve never played before. I automatically changed my password. It says no other devices are linked but mine now. How do I know if they still have access? I never got an email from Spotify about my account being hacked.  

Plan

Free

Device 

iphone 7

Operating System

(iOS 14)

My Question or Issue

Someone hacked my account, how do I know if their gone? I never got an email from Spotify. 

6 Replies

Hey @Ellie1440, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I’m sorry to hear about this! In this case, I’d recommend checking out this support article for the next steps to take.

To prevent this from happening in the future, there are many measures you can take to protect your account, such as resetting your password every few months, and not using passwords you have used on other sites. There is also a great guide here for some more measures on protecting your account.

If you see an email from Spotify, and can’t tell if it’s legit, use this checklist. Of course, Spotify makes sure that all user records and platforms are completely secure around the clock.

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey, so I did whats you said and logged out of my account and reset my password multiple times. The same person somehow still has access and keeps making strange playlists. They’re somehow listening to them because there playlists are in my recently played. I never made the playlists, it won’t let me delete them. But, when I go onto to play music, the last song played was by me from the day before. How is that fine? What do I do???

Hey Buddy. Thanks for reaching out to all of us. That seems strange you can always Contact Spotify Here: https://www.spotify.com/us/about-

some things that could of happend 

1. Email Down

2. Spotify Email down

3. You Missed the email

Ect.. 

Hope This Helps. 🙂

- Ben

Hey @Ellie1440

Got it. In that case, using the support article I provided in my earlier replies, go down to "Lost Anything?" to get in touch with Customer Support who can take a closer look at this for you. 

Have a great day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

yo was they playing some weitd stuff like some pixel 8 bit thing and just doing it to annoy you or what?
Thats what happened to me I did the signout everyone and everywhere and it didn**bleep**

Hey @Reunion

I am sorry to hear this happened to you. You are able to get in touch with Customer Support here as they can take a closer look for you. I also provided some suggestions to prevent this from happening in the future in my earlier replies

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts