Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unkown devices on Connect

Solved!

Unkown devices on Connect

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Windows 10 Laptop, Motorola X Force

Operating System

Android 7.0, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

There are two devices appearing on my Connect and I have no idea where they have come from (see attached image). I have signed out of all devices multiple times and even changed my password and then signed out again, but they still persist when I sign back in.

The first device appears to be a desktop system called LIAM and the other a randomly named Playstation. It seems that if I minimize the Spotify desktop app with Connect open, the two apps will sometimes disappear until I close and reopen the Connect. It also seems that my phone's Connect doesn't show the "LIAM" device, only the PS4.

I think this could just be some glitch or bug, but it's still a bit worrying seeing the devices there even after a password reset. Just wondering if anyone knows anything else I can try to fix it?

Edit: Another PS4 (PS4-258) has appeared but, unlike the first, this one isn't greyed out.

Spotify screencap.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Ed85,

Spotify does list devices on the same network in connect so if you're in a dorm, school, public area this is possible.

By the way, have you noticed any unusual activity in your account like songs added/deleted or unfamiliar devices your Spotify account has being used on (not in Connect)?

Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Could it be that I'm connected to my university network, and that some people on the network have saved it as a home network, allowing me to see their connected devices? (I have the network saved as public)

Hey @Ed85, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

I'd recommend performing a password reset and using the Sign Out Everywhere, Remove Offline devices from your Spotify account page

Hope it helps 🙂

I mentioned I had already tried that, and literally as soon as I was signed back in with my new password, the other devices were there again

Hey @Ed85,

Have you tried the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices from your Spotify account page other than password reset?

Thanks 🙂

SignOut_Everywhere_twitter.png

Yes. Also none of the unknown devices are listed in the offline devices tab

Is it possible that Spotify is just listing local devices on the same network without them being directly attached to my account?

Marked as solution

Hey @Ed85,

Spotify does list devices on the same network in connect so if you're in a dorm, school, public area this is possible.

By the way, have you noticed any unusual activity in your account like songs added/deleted or unfamiliar devices your Spotify account has being used on (not in Connect)?

Thanks 🙂

No, nothing as such. I also seem unable to actually switch to the other devices for playback; they're listed there but I cannot use them.

I thought it might be the case that it just lists locally connected devices, but I just wanted to make sure - thanks for your help 🙂

Really happy that I was able to help you out! 🙂

If you need help with anything don't hesitate to ask!

I'm having the same problem. Another user is taking over my Spotify mobile all the time as of start today. I'm not connected to any other network closed down all connections and changed my password. Right now I can't use Spotify. See if i can make this a supprt issue

This doesn't sound like the same issue, but if it is the same and you're connected to some kind of public network, then it isn't anything to worry about.

If it is different, you might want to consider creating your own post

ok, thanks I will

Suggested posts