Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unkown email address linked with my facebook?

Unkown email address linked with my facebook?

Country - Sweden

Device - Macbook air 2017

macOS Mojave version 10.14.1

My Question or Issue:

I wanted to sign up with Spotify, using my Facebook-info and get Spotify premium for students. So I pressed in sign up with Facebook where my facebook details showed up with MY e-mail address linked to my Facebook-page amongst other info. I then had to confirm that I was a student after which, the only thing I had to do was confirm that I wanted to sign up. When I did press confirm, the message was something like "thank you, we will send a confirmation e-mail to *snip* and THAT e-mail adrdress that they said the confirmation mail would be sent to was a totally unknown address for me and NOT the same one as the one which is linked to my Facebook.

Also on my Spotify-account site, that unknown e-mail address is the one linked with my account, and also, the date of birth on my Spotify-account i wrong (not the same as on my Facebook). 

Now, when I try to sign in on Spotify using Facebook I fill in my (correct) e-mail address for my Facebook account and my password and it takes me to my Spotify account where (still) the e-mail address linked to the account in the Spotify-account-info is that other (unknown) e-mail address. 

I wonder what has happened, why did that unknowned e-mail address and wrong date of birth become connected with my Facebook account when I saw MY correct e-mail address before I signed up? 

2 Replies

Hey @problem5,

I recommend going to get in touch with Spotify Support here: https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-anonymous/.

It’s most likely a mistake from Spotify just confusing 2 accounts with your Facebook and their email!

I hope this helps :)!

Okey, thank you very much, I will try that!

Suggested posts