Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unkown people in my Family Plan

Unkown people in my Family Plan

Hello, I am using Spotify Premium from Portugal for some years now. Last year I created a family plan for me and my girlfriend, and, to my surprise, I listened to the playlist "Family Mix" and found quite some tracks that neither me nor my girlfriend would usually listen to. I went to the Family Plan settings page and I find that my family plan is full (!!!!) with people I don't know, besides myself and my girlfriend.

This is an ABSOLUTE breach of privacy and trust, as these people not only were listening for free (with me paying) as they may also have had access to my home address! My account was previously hacked twice, and seeing as no other account of mine was hacked, and in light of this recent incident, I can only suppose that Spotify's security is, at best, mediocre. As you can imagine, this does not fill me with confidence anymore in your service.

I have since removed the users from my Family Plan. I am eagerly waiting for a response regarding this subject, either here or by e-mail.

Pedro Melo

spotify.png
1 Reply

Hey there @woozye!

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community. We're so sorry to hear that this has happened to you and we'll do our best to help.

We can assure you that Spotify hasn't been compromised and we're always trying to improve our security. Thank you for taking the time to report this to us, we'll pass it on this to the relevant team here.

There are a few steps you can take to secure your account and you can take a look here to see the ones to start with. We'd also recommend checking this page as it offers more in depth advice.

If you're interested in helping us further improve our security measures, you can leave a +Vote here and keep an eye on the Idea. We'll keep everyone posted about its status.

Hope this helps! Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts