Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unlimited Subscription Question

Unlimited Subscription Question

Hi everyone,

I recently down-graded from Premium to Unlimited, and I've come across some strange things...For example:

1. On my iPhone, I can no longer select what songs I want to listen to, period. Everything, even my playlists, only lets me shuffle a maximum of 5 (I believe) times...whats this about?
  2. The subscription description states that there are no ads between tracks with unlimited, yet I am still having to listen to an ad in between every 2-3 songs on my iPad. What happened to 'no advertisements'?
  3. I recently read that the hourly cap on streaming was removed for the tablet and desktop apps. With the cap gone, is the only incentive to having a $5 subscription the (supposedly) no advertisements?

All in all I'm pretty confused as to what exactly comes with this tier of subscription. I'm paying $5, still getting ads, can't play the music I want to...

Any help?

Thanks,

Adam

1 Reply

I put together a comparison chart of the subscription tiers over on this topic

Spotify Unlimited will only remove advertising on the desktop and web players, if you want an advert-free experience on mobile and tablet that is a Premium feature. You will find Spotify Unlimited is identical to Spotify Free on mobile and tablets, hence why the mobile application will be Shuffle only. 

Basically with the changes in my eyes unlimited isn't really worthwhile anymore, in fact Spotify no longer actively advertise it on their website. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts