Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unlimited subscriptions in countries without Spotify

Solved!

Unlimited subscriptions in countries without Spotify

I live in Canada but spent the past six months studying in Sweden, where I was peer-pressured into downloading Spotify and eventually got addicted to it. I only signed up for a free subscription to save money, and now I've realized that I would need a Swedish credit card to purchase an unlimited subscription there anyway. As I understand it, my free subscription is only good for 2 weeks in Canada, but I've met a lot of Swedes and other Europeans that have come to Canada for a semester and kept their Spotify the whole time because they were signed up for unlimited (or maybe premium) subscriptions.

I want to buy a Spotify gift card in Sweden and use it to buy an unlimited subscription while I still have a Swedish IP address. Before I go spending all that money though, can anyone confirm that I'll be able to use Spotify in Canada in this situation? Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@lariwestside wrote:

I live in Canada but spent the past six months studying in Sweden, where I was peer-pressured into downloading Spotify and eventually got addicted to it. I only signed up for a free subscription to save money, and now I've realized that I would need a Swedish credit card to purchase an unlimited subscription there anyway. As I understand it, my free subscription is only good for 2 weeks in Canada, but I've met a lot of Swedes and other Europeans that have come to Canada for a semester and kept their Spotify the whole time because they were signed up for unlimited (or maybe premium) subscriptions.

I want to buy a Spotify gift card in Sweden and use it to buy an unlimited subscription while I still have a Swedish IP address. Before I go spending all that money though, can anyone confirm that I'll be able to use Spotify in Canada in this situation? Thanks in advance.

Yes you can 🙂 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

@lariwestside wrote:

Yes you can 🙂 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Perfect, thank you! 🙂

Suggested posts