Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unlink Facebook

Solved!

Unlink Facebook

How do I unlink spotify from my facebook accout. I keep trying to delete my facebook page but everytime I log into spotify it reactivates it.

236 Replies

Hi Spotify,

I have been  massive supporter of you, and have managed to persuade at least four of my friends to start using your service. I have been an Unlimited subscriber for about a year now, signing up to Spotify Free in November 2011 then upgrading because I was so impressed. I didn't make a Spotify account at the time of signing up, instead thinking it much easier to simply sync with Facebook. However, I have made the decision that I no longer want to use Facebook. I have decided to deactivate it for the time being, and will perhaps delete it in the future. I cannot tell you how outraged I am to discover that I cannot access my Spotify account anymore without reactivating Facebook. I DON'T WANT TO REACTIVATE FACEBOOK, THAT'S WHY I DEACTIVATED IT! Is there any way, any way at all, even making a new account, that I can use Spotify without having to have Facebook also?Any way at all?My assumption is no...which is why I cancelled my Unlimited subscription earlier today. Such a shame. You are an excellent service in your own right, whereas Facebook is a terrible one. You drag yourself down by making this contract you have with them compulsory to all users. 

I'll be back is things ever change. In the meantime I'm going to spend my time persuading all those friends I got to subscribe to you to unsubscribe. 

Hey 🙂 

I wrote a DIY tutorial on how to move your Facebook account over to a non-Facebook account here if you want to completely seperate your Spotify experience from Facebook. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the tutorial, however it is no longer possible to even create a spotify profile without facebook.

@mcqueenie wrote:

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the tutorial, however it is no longer possible to even create a spotify profile without facebook.

That is not true, you can create a Spotify account using your email address (without Facebook) from https://www.spotify.com/signup/

Peter

Peter

Hi, I have just joined Spotify and have linked to Facebook without creating a Spotify User Account.

Now I want to unlink it - I understand there is no easy way to unlink it, and I am willing to have my account deleted, but I would like to know if after my account is deleted, can I create a new Spotify account using the same email address as my Facebook account? Would there be any validation that would prevent me from reusing this email address?

Regards

Shawn

@user-removed wrote:

Hi, I have just joined Spotify and have linked to Facebook without creating a Spotify User Account.

Now I want to unlink it - I understand there is no easy way to unlink it, and I am willing to have my account deleted, but I would like to know if after my account is deleted, can I create a new Spotify account using the same email address as my Facebook account? Would there be any validation that would prevent me from reusing this email address?

Regards

Shawn

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Yes, you will be able to reuse that email address if your account is deleted. If you want to do that you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to remove your account after verifying a few details. They might even set up the new account for you if you ask nicely 😛 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Thanks! That is exactly what I needed to know!

I wonder how much facebook is paying spotify to force their customers to keep fb accounts active... how much does customer service go for these days? 

@mctug wrote:

I wonder how much facebook is paying spotify to force their customers to keep fb accounts active... how much does customer service go for these days? 

If you wanted to get set up with a new Spotify account, our support team are more than happy to help out with that. Just get in touch here and they'll get back to you as soon as they can.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I'm not computer illiterate, its the principle of the thing. But thanks for responding. I have actually posted another issue I'm having trouble with under the title "can't cancel subscription!" if you could look into it that would be great. 

so just to clarify here. can i delete my FB account without losing all my current playlists, bearing in mind im a premium user who signed up around this time last year?

thanks

@cockyhorse wrote:

so just to clarify here. can i delete my FB account without losing all my current playlists, bearing in mind im a premium user who signed up around this time last year?

thanks

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

It depends on how you created your account, if you created your account using your email address and therefore have a dedicated Spotify username then yes you can easily delete your Facebook account and Spotify will continue to work. However, if you created your Spotify account using Facebook, and therefore sign in using your Facebook details then you must keep that Facebook account active to access your Spotify account. 

If you would like to migrate over to a non-Facebook style account, get in touch here and a member of the Spotify team can assist you. 

Peter

Peter

Please explain me how to get Back my ole spotify account details so that I don't have to login with Facebook details. The old username wasn't even known anymore by spotify so I guess it must have been deleted? How do I get it back?

Br,
Tuomas

@user-removed - Spotify usernames never get deleted unless you requested specifically the customer services team close an account for you. 

If you are having issues getting into your account, but you remember your Spotify username try requesting a password reset here

Peter

Peter

Hi,

Thanks for your answer! The thing is, that I had previously (about a year ago or so) some problems with my old account, and I believe that as a part of the solution, that really was deleted. I'm not totally sure, but I guess some moderator asked my acceptance for that, and I probably said yes. 

However, I wouldn't want to use my facebook account in logging in as I'm not the only one using my iPad.. Any suggestions how to separate these accounts? 

Br,

Tuomas 

I'm having the old facebook issue too.  It kept logging me back into facebook every time i started up my spotify account (at home) but i de-activated facebook a while ago.

So i clicked the button that unlinked them and i lost everything, subscription status, playlists and followers.  I emailed and they told me there was no record of my account (even though i renewed my spotify unlimited account on Sept 1st) and they haven't been back in touch since.

I've got into work today and my old account is still active here.  Obviously don't want to log out of it because i don't want to lose everything here too.  Could someone please fix it?

Thanks 

@Slinkster - If your not connected to Facebook your username should be shown in the top right corner of the client. That is the username you need to log in using (with your Spotify password) on your other devices to get to your unlimited account. 

Peter

Peter

How do you do this? 

I want my 'Likes' section in the 'Music' section on Facebook to appear on view on my facebook profile,

however what is happening at the moment is that the 'Recent Top Music' section in my 'Music' section is being shown on view on my profile.

I don't want the 'Recent Top Music' section to appear visible on my profile to me, or atleast to anyone else. 

I want my music sections 'Likes' to appear as the first/visible section in the music section on the profile.

@pengawolf You can easily manage which sections are visible on your profile by clicking on the little options button on one of the blocks and selecting "Manage sections". Unfortunately I am not aware of any way to change which "tab" is displayed on your profile (since that is all dealt with by Facebook. 

You can manage privacy of each app seperately from your Account Settings > Apps too.

Peter

I think I subscribed before the necessity of signing up with Facebook. I've deactivated my Facebook account because it's making my life miserable. However, I don't want to lose Spotify. It keeps prompting me to log in and when I do (NOT via Facebook, with username and password) I keep getting emails telling me my Facebook account has been reactivated. How do I stop this from happening?

Suggested posts