Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unlink Facebook

Solved!

Unlink Facebook

How do I unlink spotify from my facebook accout. I keep trying to delete my facebook page but everytime I log into spotify it reactivates it.

236 Replies

Hi Amy,

I've had a look at your account on our system and can confirm that there is no longer a connection between your Spotify account and your Facebook account. Can I confirm that you're logging in with your username and password (and not your email address)?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Yes! It seems 3rd time was lucky and it seems to be all OK now. But thanks! 🙂

I would also like to disconnect my facebook account from spotify. Please help!

Follow the steps in this tutorial @user-removed .

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Just installed spotify on new laptop. Unable to login without facebook now. Will be ininstaling spotify and using a different service. This is a privacy concern for me. I don't want any old company able to login to my facebook and collect all my data. Does spotify work for the NSA now as well?

Bye

@rhys216 - If you where able to sign in without Facebook before, you should still be able to by logging in using your Spotify username and password (not your email address). 

If you have just created your account, Facebook is no longer required to use Spotify, you can sign up simply using your email address from the signup pages.

Peter

I'll be deleting my premium account TODAY because I don't want a Facebook and I'm sick of being bullied into having one - everyone: I recommend using Google Music - they are super accommodating and you dont' have to have a f*cking Facebook to use it. It's really user friendly and has more music than spotify anyways. Enjoy!

@kelschal -- if you'd like an account not created via Facebook, you can create one here. Then get in touch here and our support team can copy over your existing playlists.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I agree with this person's frustration.  Forcefully linking my facebook account to Spotify caused a HUGE arguement with my wife.  For many reasons I had deactivated my facebook account to appease my wife.  The main reason was that she thought I was using facebook to communicate with an old girlfriend of mine, so I deactivated my facebook account.  Then I made the huge mistake of linking my Spotify account with Facebook and when I logged in to Spotify, WAHLA!...  my Facebook account was reactivated putiing my profile back online without my knowlegde.  Of course when my wife checked Facebook, my profile was back up and when she questioned me about it, I denied that I reactivated it behind her back and she has make my life hell since.  F@#$ YOU Spotify, take my past dollars and go make someone elses life miserable.  From my research, there is currently NO WAY YOU CAN UNLINK THE ACCOUNT ONCE THEY HAVE BEEN LINKED.  Thank God for good old American competition that breeds other companies that do not engage in this douchebag practice.

There is currently no way to unlink a Facebook created account, but you can migrate to a Spotify only account if you wish. 

Peter

AMEN

Spoiler

@dmcheck If you'd like to migrate to a Spotify only account, please contact us here. Please then reply to this post with your case number, and we'll get it chased up.

If your wife is still concerned, just point her here. As you created your previous account through Facebook, it shares a login. So it'll need to access Facebook to login. If the account has been disabled (not totally deleted yet), and you try and log into Spotify with Facebook details, Facebook will be used and the account re-opened. Mrs @dmcheck, it's not your husband's fault.

If anyone else has a similar problem, please contact us here. We'll be happy to get it sorted.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi, I have a similar problem but your advice did not work for me.

What more actions can I take? (Besides following your advice again)

@anmark What problem do you have and what advice didn't work for you?

I have a question regarding this unlinking Facebook situation that many people seem to face. I have a music blog that I wanted to set up a fresh account for using a different email address. I did so and accidentally linked it to facebook even though I didn't want to. Now, I have a separate personal spoify account that is purely through Facebook. Even though I used a different email address for the music blog spotify account, it somehow linked it to my facebook profile and now when I try and log in to my personal spotify account it goes to the one for the music blog. I tried unlinking it but it seems to only log me out and upon logging back in goes back to the same music blog account which I don't want. I just want my old personal account back with all my music and playlists. Please someone help!

Hey @SamPanko ! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand to get you back to your account. If your original Spotify account was created via Facebook, and then got accidentally merged with a Spotify created account the login details pointing to that original account will have been temporarily lost. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

I am trying to unlink my Facebook from my Spotify account without loosing my playlists.  The solutions that I have see have not helped because I do not have a Social Network option under Preferences.  Some please help me.  I have a premium account and have no problem cancelling it if I can't get this accomplished today.

@Trinigyal - If your account was created via Facebook there is no way to break the connection to Facebook on that account. 

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to lend a hand to get you migrated onto a new non-Facebook account.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Dear spotify.

Since signing up, I've not only decided to cut Facebook from my life, but also started using Linux.

This service has gone from awesome to **bleep** very quickly.

I'm going to Grooveshark.

Laters.

Spotify do have a linux client and you can use the web player on linux too. 😉

Peter

Suggested posts