Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unrecognized device always returns

Unrecognized device always returns

Hi,

About a week ago, someone changed my Spotify account email. I did not authorize it and I do not know who did it. I contacted Spotify and they returned the account to my name.

Since then, a device continues to connect to my Spotify account and hijack my use. The device is called PS4-756. I have changed my password to something entirely different and secure 3 times now. I have clicked the "disconnect all devices" button on spitfy account website multiple times, but this user continues to find a way to get access to my account. Am I doing something wrong? Surely this user isn't guessing my password over and over?  

Thank you.

1 Reply

Hi there!

It's likely that one of your devices is infected with malware. You should scan them with a reliable anti-virus and remove any malware found. If you already have an anti-virus installed, I'd recommend downloading a second one and running a malware scan with it just in case. Be sure to change your password once again after you remove the malware, if you find any.

It's also possible that your email account has been compromised, so I suggest that you change your password on there as well. 

Cheers!

Suggested posts