Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unwanted Web Player

Unwanted Web Player

Hello, I've never had a problem with Spotify until I got premium (I listen on my iPhone). I purchased Premium to listen in college, and then while i was listening to music, it started to randmomly cut out, and start playing random music, when I unlock my phone it says I am listening on Spotify Web Player and gives me the option to continue or listen on this iphone (both choices do the same thing-- essentially nothing), everytime it does this it also follows a bunch of random bot generated playlists of unwanted music. At first I thought this was because of crappy connection on the Quad, but even at home with a stable wifi connection it still happens. And I mean it happens about 3-5 times every hour without fail, and it is infuriating. This has been happening for 2 months now and I dont know why I've waited this long to find help but at this point I'm ready to switch to Apple Music because I simply cannot find a solution and I am not going to pay to have a worse experience than when it was free. I've attempted to log out, reinstall the app, and I've searched all over the application for any way to disable this but I simply can't find anything. Any knowledge or solutions on the subject would be greatly appreciated, thanks. 

3 Replies

Hey @kriz0826! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

It sounds like someone else is using your account. Could you follow all the steps from this page? Let me know how you get on.

Keep me posted! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the input, I got in touch with a spotify customer service agent and we resolved the issue, both my account and password have been reset so my account should be secure now.

Thanks for letting us know about this @kriz0826!

Feel free to reach us out if you ever need our help again.

Cheers!

Suggested posts