Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unwanted email

Solved!

Unwanted email

Hi all, I receive lately email from: no-reply@news.spotifymail.com That someone, who is not a friend of mine, has added new tracks. Is this guinine and can i stop this safely?
150 Replies

@Steffe2 wrote:

Just a bit annoying that the system sends out mails for albums that has been on Spotify for years. Might want to look into that?

Suggestions are fine, but the system makes it sound like it has just been added.

Can you give me an example of this? I'd love to get it looked into.

(It might be that we had to take an album down and readded it later, you see).

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

During the last month I have recieved about 5 emails from no-reply@news.spotifymail.com which were obviously meant for someone else. The emails start with "Hi Thomas...." and tells that some artist I have never heard of has added new songs to a playlist that "Thomas" is apparently following. Resently I have recieved these emails in Norwegian which caught my attention (I'm Finnish).

Should I be worried that someone else is using my account or what would be the reason behind these emails?

I see, guess that's a possibility.

This particular one was WWIII by KMFDM, which I just noticed I've even gotten mail about before.

Ronald Jenkees by Ronald Jenkees too, but that was a few months ago. Had that album in a playlist for a long time too.

@nininha I'm sorry about that mix-up. Don't worry, it shouldn't happen again.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi there,

I'm also receiving emails from Spotify <no-reply@news.spotifymail.com>, however addressed to my first.lastname.lastname - which seems strange. It's also to an address that isn'tห†registed as my email via spotify. I've been receiving them daily and changed my email subscription details after the first one. The problem is as above it's to an address that isn't even registered with Spotify.

Any thoughts or advice? Is this a weird glitch? I really don't want to create a rule to send all 'Spotify' emails to the junk folder. I'm sure Spotify doesn't either....

Thanks

fayse

@fayse - Is that the email you use for Facebook?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peter, no. I have updated my email subscription settings via Spotify (the email I use for facebook). However I'm getting emails from the 

Spotify <no-reply@news.spotifymail.com> at another address, telling me if I want to change the subscriptions I need to login to do so.

Any ideas on how to stop them?

Definitely sounds like you have a duplicate account somewhere in the system. If you could drop the team a quick email using the online contact form with the email address you are getting these messages on they can have a look for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Hi,

Today i get the mail from spotify that they are hacked, the message say

Belangrijk bericht voor Spotify-gebruikers, in dutch.

In the mail Spotify doesnt work anymore and have to be updated, via link.

The mail adres is hello@news.spotifymail.com, the program works fine, so this is a phishing mail i think

gtz Edwin

@mjan-edwin - I can confirm that is a genuine email from Spotify. Full details are also on the support site:
https://support.spotify.com/problems/#!/article/downloading-android-update

Peter

find out what next

Suggested posts