Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unwanted email

Solved!

Unwanted email

Hi all, I receive lately email from: no-reply@news.spotifymail.com That someone, who is not a friend of mine, has added new tracks. Is this guinine and can i stop this safely?
150 Replies

Peter,

That's not a solution.

Thanks anyhow.

-Matt

I have the same problem. I receive a couple of emails each month about people I don't know, who've recently added tracks I've never heard of, to a playlist that I don't follow.

How can I stop these unwanted emails from beeing sent to me without disrupting the notifications that I actually want?

This weekend I received two more unwaneted e-mails about playlists I've never subscribed to.

Since Spotify obviously have no intention of fixing this problem, I recommend that those of us who use Gmail or Hotmail simply mark these e-mails as spam. Doing that will hopefully hide the problem from both ourselves and from others, which is a much more effective "solution" than the one suggested by the support staff in this forum.

sirf - I've just changed the setting in your account for you, so you shouldn't see any more 'updated playlist' emails.

You can manage these emails from your account here: www.spotify.com/account/profile/
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

But I will still receive e-mails about updates in playlists that I actually follow, right?

What if I do not want MY playlist published to ANYONE?  How do I set that up?  I really need your help!  

Randy

@randystockton wrote:

What if I do not want MY playlist published to ANYONE?  How do I set that up?  I really need your help!  

Randy

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Two things to do:

1. Untick the "Automatically make new playlists public" in the Edit > Preferences menu (along with any other social options you don't want).

2. Go to your profile by clicking on your name in the top right of the click and selecting Profile. From there, underneath each playlist cover, you can set the privacy setting for that playlist, secret will hide it from the public. There is no way to change all of your playlist settings at the same time. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am using the iphone version 0.6.0.181 and spottify core 0.7.1.6554  

I do not see how to:

Untick the "Automatically make new playlists public" in the Edit > Preferences menu  Where is that?

Ah those options are in the desktop client, I am not sure if you can set such preferences from the iOS version. Maybe someone else will be able to shed some light on that!

Peter

Peter

I got my first mail today from spotifymail.com. Hotmail marked it as "spam" because it thought it was phishing. I also get very suspicious when I get mails from domains I don't recognize and it's a shame that a good service like Spotify is sorted out as spam.

No, these mails are NOT FROM SPOITIFY

ok, the ones to which you refer are from spotify, but your email address is being spoofed and used for phishing.

So I am referring to emails that look like they come from you, but they do not.

Using noreply addresses is just manna from heaven for fraudsters.

I just had one and got caught by it. I changed my facebook password and delinked all devices, because I use facebook to log in to spotify, then it took me to my credit card screen inside spotify, however at thisnpoint I (too late!) realised there was no problem with my account nand checked the link under the link in the emauil, sure enough it NOT spotify. It is fraudulent. Reduce the link back to the domain name and it does not take us to spotify it goes to some other email provider who has been used to send these emails.

HERE is the link DO NOT CLICK IT!!.. ok i entered some extra characters so it cannot work.

http://news.spotifymail.com/xmxpsxs/c/nwA/T0wLAA/SAFudpPJTZi4Y5RvJxZ-hg/h2/tvrLht0ZDgwlUaucEnIxBbqOD...

So I spoke with my credit card provider within minutes and he asked if I had actually entered my card details, I said no so he said then they have not acquired my credit card details as the details on my account screen are anonymised with ***** s

I was thinking they can use the details without the threee digit code, which is true, but my provider thinks I would have to have entered the details myself actually to be caught.

I am of course nervous about what else that code might do as it is inside my network, but according to all the process I have running nothing seems different of even active.

I have not checked my play lists for changes yet.

If you have a free account, then of course the scam to get your credit card details doesn't work.

I feel REAL stupid clicking on the link. I know better. NEVER CLICK LINKS IN EMAIL. 

And even so, yet I did. Why? Because it was spotify, not a bank scam email etc etc

a.

HERE IS THE FRAUDULENT EMAIL 

DO NOT CLICK ANYTHING IN HERE. Although I think the hidden code has been stripped out.

We're sorry but we haven't been able to renew your subscription this month..

Change or Update your payment method here »

Unfortunately this happened because we were unable to receive payment from you.

Problems can sometimes occur even if your payment method works elsewhere.

To make sure there is no interruption to your listening, click here to update or change your payment details.

While we work hard to ensure every payment is successful, we suggest you try using another payment method if your current one doesn't start working.

If you need any more help or have questions, please feel free to head over to our Help Section or contact our Customer Service team.

Thanks – we hope to renew your subscription soon!

- The Team at Spotify

This message was sent to facebook@anthonymellor.com.

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

spotifymail.com is owned by Spotify AB so it looks legit to me. 

As always, as long as you only enter your details on spotify.com (it should redirect) when you get to the website you should be fine. 

Peter

Peter

Frightened me to death. 

and this still does not explain how it is my account is 100% in order and I received an email saying it wasn't. This is classic phishing behaviour.

Might be worth a quick discussion with the customer support team just to see if they sent you the email. You can email them directly using the online contact form and they will get back to you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

ok did that already, bi=ut not the reply anyway bit, that is good to knonw will do, and thanks

A question about these notifications of new stuff from artists I listen to or have listened to:

Is it enough to have listened to them now and then to get this information. Or do I have to be a follower. My band is about to release a new recording and we would want these kind of notifications to reach as many as possible. How does this work?

Greatful for an answer, Lars

New content notifications go out to your Followers when you add new content to Spotify. Those people have to opt into following your artist page to receive those notifications.

Peter

What Peter said is absolutely correct.

I'd also add that if you're keen to make sure your music reaches as many ears as possible, there's some great tips to be had here: http://www.spotifyartists.com/best-practices/

Hope that helps!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Just a bit annoying that the system sends out mails for albums that has been on Spotify for years. Might want to look into that?

Suggestions are fine, but the system makes it sound like it has just been added.

Suggested posts