Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Update Problem

Update Problem

Hallo Leute, 

Ich hab das neue Update installiert, und auf einmal ist das Programm voll langsam und es geht fast nix mehr. Kann man das irgendwie rückgängig machen, weil er installert das update ja immer wieder automatisch. Ich will die alte version wieder haben...

7 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Sorry about the english reply.

The instructions you are looking for:

Windows - Prevent Update

Mac - Block Update on Mac OSX

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

My spotify application on my Mac OS X VERSION 10.5.8 will not restart after i am prompted to update spotify. I've already uninstalled the software rebooted the computer and reinstalled the computer. I have also done a "clean reinstalled" deleting the cache and i am still prompted to restart the application to upgrade spotify and when i do so the application wont restart.

What can i do to resolve this issue?

@KEVCBNT wrote:

My spotify application on my Mac OS X VERSION 10.5.8 will not restart after i am prompted to update spotify. I've already uninstalled the software rebooted the computer and reinstalled the computer. I have also done a "clean reinstalled" deleting the cache and i am still prompted to restart the application to upgrade spotify and when i do so the application wont restart.

What can i do to resolve this issue?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Have a read at my post here which has all of the details about OS X 10.5 support in it. 

In short, you need to download an old client and then take steps to prevent it updating, since Spotify have announced end of support for OS X 10.5.

Peter

Peter

the solution with the text file made read-only doesnt works. it sill upgrade to new verison

@WernerLoerts wrote:

the solution with the text file made read-only doesnt works. it sill upgrade to new verison

You need to remove the .txt extention for it to work, make sure the file name is Spotify_new.exe not Spotify_new.exe.txt 😉 

Peter

Peter

is there a new updated verison of spotify? my boyfriends is different then mine. ive uninstalled and reinstalled

@mabrat1012 

Yes, there are currently 2 different versions of the desktop app.

One is 0.9.16 and one is 1.0.1

The new version 1.0.1 is the new update that everyone will be getting sometime in 2015 once it is finished. It is being rolled out to some users so that Spotify can test it and improve it before everyone gets it. 

1.0.1 will be getting more updates that bring back more of the functionality that the old version had. There will also be improvements.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts