NEXT STEP

Update country and address

Solved!

Update country and address

Plan

Premium Family

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I recently moved from one country to another and I know that there are lots of posts about country/address change but I've looked through a bunch of community posts and help topics and I can't find a specific answer to my questions.

1 - I followed the instructions to change the country by entering a payment method from the country I am living in now. All good so far, or so I thought. The country under "subscription" is correct according to the new payment method but on my account profile it still shows the previous country.

2- I want to change my address to the new one so that I can invite an additional family member living with me. From the help topics, I see that I need to cancel the subscription, wait for it to go free and then change the address. This doesn't make any sense to me. I'm going to lose all my premium features, offline content, playlists, etc,... no?

What can I do? Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @user-removed 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

First of all, to change your country you need to update your payment method to one that's issued in your new country:

1. Log in to your subscription page
  2. Click "Change payment method"
  3. Select Change country at the bottom and select your new country from the pop-up.
  4. Enter a new payment method (that was issued in your new country). 

And, to change your country on your profile, just follow these steps:

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Click EDIT PROFILE
  3. Scroll down to Country and select your new country from the dropdown list.
    Note: Your new country only shows when you’re actually there.
  4. Click SAVE PROFILE.

And finally, it’s not possible to change the address registered on an existing Premium for Family plan.

As you moved, you need to create a new account (make sure you cancel the plan on your old account and sign out everywhere beforehand), then subscribe to Premium for Family on that new account.

After you create your new account, you can transfer your content on the old account to the new one being in touch with the Customer Support. 

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, @user-removed 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

First of all, to change your country you need to update your payment method to one that's issued in your new country:

1. Log in to your subscription page
  2. Click "Change payment method"
  3. Select Change country at the bottom and select your new country from the pop-up.
  4. Enter a new payment method (that was issued in your new country). 

And, to change your country on your profile, just follow these steps:

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Click EDIT PROFILE
  3. Scroll down to Country and select your new country from the dropdown list.
    Note: Your new country only shows when you’re actually there.
  4. Click SAVE PROFILE.

And finally, it’s not possible to change the address registered on an existing Premium for Family plan.

As you moved, you need to create a new account (make sure you cancel the plan on your old account and sign out everywhere beforehand), then subscribe to Premium for Family on that new account.

After you create your new account, you can transfer your content on the old account to the new one being in touch with the Customer Support. 

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Thank you for this info hezorg.

It doen's really make much sense to me that I need to cancel one account and create a new one! Why am I allowed to change the country under paiment methods and not in the profile? Really doesn't make sense to me.

Also, how do I contact Customer Support? I can't find any contact to them anywhere.

Cheers.

Hey again, @user-removed 

I really agree with you about this situation, but the information is correct. You can be in touch with Customer Support anytime here.

Hope my answer was useful for you! 🙂

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts