Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Update required for Facebook log in

Update required for Facebook log in

I am logged out of Spotify on my MacBook. I have tried to log in and it says "Facebook login for your Spotify client is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a newer version of Spotify. Download the latest version of Spotify at www.spotify.com/download." 

I have tried this and it says the same thing. Please can anyone help me log in? 

3 Replies

Hey @ETJ87, thanks for letting me know!

That's odd. Could you send over a screenshot of what's happening? Also, could you try a clean reinstallation of the app with these steps? Let me know how you get on! 🙂

Have a lovely day!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello,

I have the same exact issue. I've been trying to log in via FB with Firefox and then with Chrome but I keep getting the same message : 

Update Required

Facebook login for your Spotify client is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a newer version of Spotify. Download the latest version of Spotify at www.spotify.com/download.

I followed your instruction to disinstall and reinstall Spotify and it still diesn't work. 

When I try to log in using my username and password, I have a weird moment where it seems I'm logged in, but just when it would start dowloading the data (playlists and stuff), it logs out abruptyle with the red ERROR 3  message concerning the wrong log in information. The biggest issue there is my email address linked to the account (and to my facebook account) doesn't exist anymore so I cannot reset my password... What should I do ?

Best regards,

Max

Hey @krokodebil! Thanks for coming to the community!

You can contact someone from Spotify using this form. They can take a closer look backstage! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts