Upgrade Premium (with free trial) to Premium Family

Highlighted

Upgrade Premium (with free trial) to Premium Family

Casual Listener

I just signed up for a Premium account through a promotion the includes 6 months free.  I am trying to upgrade to Premium Family.  I expected the trial to carry over.  Would understand if it's prorated.  But, since they are both called "Premium" and the come on for the free trial referred to "Premium", it stands to reason this should carry over.

How do I get (even prorated) credit for the Premium free trial that I have?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

MBP

Operating System

OSX / Safari

5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Upgrade Premium (with free trial) to Premium Family

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11

Hello @yetiquatch!

Can you let me know if you created the Premium for Family subscription (using that account)? If so, your Premium time will be used in your Premium for Family subscription. However, if you joined a Premium for Family subscription but didn't create it, your Premium will resume when the Premium for Family subscription ends.

Hope this helps clear things up 🙂

Jose_MRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Casual Listener
Hi Jose,
I created as Premium. When I went to upgrade to Premium Family, it seemed like the credit would be lost, so I cancelled the upgrade and posted here. So, I'm still Premium with the free 6 months, but it looked like if I followed through with the Premium Family upgrade, I'd lose the free credit. That seems like a lot to lose...
Highlighted

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11

Hello @yetiquatch! Thanks for your reply.

Once you sign up for a regular Premium subscription, you can always upgrade to Premium for Family by going here

Premium for Family is excluded from any offers and has a fixed monthly price which is higher than the regular Premium price. This means that the Premium time will be adjusted to the price difference.

You can check your billing status on your subscription page after upgrading to Family. If you sign up now, the due date of your subscription will be moved forward and your next payment will be debited earlier. This is because you start using the Family options immediately.

If you're struggling to upgrade, I'd  recommend you try again in a private/incognito window.

Hope this helps and make sure to keep me posted 🙂

Jose_MRock Star 11
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Well, unfortunately, I lost the trial time when I upgraded to family.  My billing was 6 months out on "premium", but now that I upgraded to Premium Family, billing date is a month from today.

Seems pretty cheap on Spotify's part.  I would certainly understand prorating the trial, but killing it outright is pimpy.  Not especially amused.  Attached screen shot is what it showed just before the upgrade.

But, Jose, thanks for your feedback.

Any suggestion on how to appeal to Spotify to restore my trial?

Marcus

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 12.41.48 PM.png
Highlighted

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11

Hello @yetiquatch,

Looking at the screenshot that you sent, it seems that this trial offer covered only the regular Premium plan. 

In this case, I'd recommend using a link to a Premium Family trial offer in order to try the family plan features. The link can be found on this help page. However, this isn't so relevant if you have already paid for Premium Family.

Hope this helps clear things up.

Jose_MRock Star 11
SUGGESTED POSTS