Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upgrade from Premium to Family at XS4ALL (external provider)

Solved!

Upgrade from Premium to Family at XS4ALL (external provider)

I would like to upgrade my premium account that comes with my internet connection at the provider Xs4ll.

I would like to pay the difference betwee Premium and Family and upgrade it.

XS4all says I have ask spotify how I have to do it. How?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yeah... I understand that, but that would mean getting charged for the Premium part while I pay for this in my subscription with XS4ALL. If I leave that as it is, I might as well use Apple Musi or Deezer. I would prefer just upgrading Spotify but can't see how I should do it.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey @michielklonhamm,

You'll be able to upgrade to Premium for Family after cancelling your Premium subscription with XS4ALL and waiting for it to end 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Yeah... I understand that, but that would mean getting charged for the Premium part while I pay for this in my subscription with XS4ALL. If I leave that as it is, I might as well use Apple Musi or Deezer. I would prefer just upgrading Spotify but can't see how I should do it.

You'll have to cancel the subscription with XS4ALL and wait for it to end so you can upgrade to Premium for Family at https://spotify.com/family.

When the Premium subscription with them has ended, they are probably going to stop charging you for that.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It is not possible to stop the subscription without changing the contract and loosing internet speed. Only option is to have 2 subscription but that is not wanted.

It would be nice that xs4all could offer for € 5,- extra this option but this seems not feasible for them.

You are correct. Customer Service just doesn't want to understand why customers want this and they sure do not want to give a 10 euro discount on the xs4all package

The customer service wont even think about the client. People who have premium with their ISP dont pay extra for it, so if they cancel and take family they will be sad back 15 euro, because the upgrade is inly 5 euro difference but due to 10 euro not being charged it will be 15 for the customer. Very bad service from Spotify

Spotify, any news on this matter? I also have XS4ALL as a ISP with Spotify in it. It's part of the subscription and is not something that can be cancelled. Only way is to go to a lower speed by the ISP, but also losing unlimited MiFi and some television channels and all those things.

What has Spotify to say on this matter? How will this (not can, because it's not impossible) be solved?

Isn't it possible to downgrade your spotify account from premium to free? This decouples it from your XS4ALL subscription, and then you're free to upgrade to Premium Family.

It still doesn't solve the problem of paying the full price for Family AND for Premium (included in the subscription). 😞

You need to force x4all to discount your sub by telling them you're leaving asap(don't tell them you're leaving them for related companies like kpn&telfort),they're not very likely to except a discount though.

But..they will instead offer you something else with the same price.In example eredivisie live or a extra entertainment package.

P.S. do this every year.They'll do "everything" to keep you subbed.

Suggested posts