Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upgrade from Premium to Family completely messed up my account

Upgrade from Premium to Family completely messed up my account

Long story short - upgrade from Premium to Family can lead to major issues.... My story:

1. May 28: I've been a Spotify Premium user for about 6 months now. With the new Family Plan, I thought it would be good to upgrade, so my family can also enjoy Spotify Premium. Hence, go to my account - and signed up for the Family Plan. Went into payment - and paid the €15. Sent invitations to my family, and they're also enjoying Spotify Premium, great so far!!!
  2. Jun 2 10am: Suddenly, Spotify deducts another €9,99 from my account - for the Premium account. My account shows both invoices: 28 May for Family Plan and 1-Jun for Premium - am I double paying? This is odd. Hence, I instruct my bank to revoke the payment - and raise an issue with Spotify support. This cannot be right. 
  3. Jun 2 4pm: First message from support. My entire Spotify account is disabled - can I please send a copy of my first receipt for Spotify to re-enable my account? Huh? I just wanted them to acknowledge the payment wasn't needed? 
    Not sure which receipt was meant, I sent both my first Premium receipt, as well as my Family Plan receipt.
  4. Jun 3 4am: Email from support - my account has been reinstated. I need to re-enter my payment details though.
  5. Jun 3 8am: Entered payment details into Spotify. But I'm back on the Premium plan. My account shows 3 invoices: 1 May:  €9,99 (paid) - 28 May: €14,99 (paid) - 1 Jun: €9,99 (but no payment). Next payment is on 1-Jul: €9,99 for Premium. Sent another e-mail to support - I want my Family plan reinstated.

I'm still waiting, but I do not have a lot of hope to get back what I paid for: a simple Family Premium plan - starting on May 28, with the next payment on Jun 28.... Sound simple enough, right? Not quite...

1 Reply

I am also having a similar problem! how are we suppose to fix this???? 

Suggested posts