Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upgrade spotify famile, current premium account

Solved!

Upgrade spotify famile, current premium account

Hello,

Could someone tell me if it's possible to upgrade to a familie account when using a normall premium account?

I want to upgrade to a familie account without losing my playlists. Is this possible? If yes how? I didn't find this solution on the site.

Do I have to buy a new account? And first cancel my current account..

I am living in the Netherlands so a familie account is possible.

Kind regards,

Sidney

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You won't lose your playlists, becuase you'll be in premium even if you cancel, you'll have premium until the period run out.

So you'll keep your playlists, you don't need to create a new account.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!

If you'll be the administrator you can upgrade to family with a premium account, you only need to go here: https://www.spotify.com/family/

It's recommendable to cancel premium before upgrading to family.

Hi Alejandro,

Thanks for responding.

So I have to cancel my premium acc ( 10€ per month) and after that I have to register the new account?

There is no solution to keep my playlist?

Marked as solution

You won't lose your playlists, becuase you'll be in premium even if you cancel, you'll have premium until the period run out.

So you'll keep your playlists, you don't need to create a new account.

Jeg har akkurat oppgradert til Spotify family. Når jeg skal legge til familiemedlemmer med Mail så kommer det opp en melding om at noe har gått galt. Hva er galt da??

Hello! So if I want to change from premium to family account will they charge again the cost of the account or only the difference between the premium and family account?

Suggested posts