Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upgraded to Premium but my account says I still using Spotify Free

Upgraded to Premium but my account says I still using Spotify Free

I bought Spotify Premium 2013-03-12 / Order ID: 168435210013.

On my profile/account it says I still have Spotify Free and I get ads over the screen. (The annoying voice-ads are gone though.)

When I try to play Spotify on my Iphone it does´'t work. I have to get Premium it says. What to do?

I have tried to uninstall on both computer and Iphone with no result of getting the Premium I paid for.

4 Replies

Hey there!

Sad to hear you have problems with Premium. Try to wait. I saw from this community that sometimes update may take a while.

So if tomorrow no Premium, come back and ask again. So I escalate this to Customer service.

Also login to your profile using Spotify site, if you see Premium status, all you need is wait for prompt update or just enjoy this quick beat before this update (Empyre One Remix)!

@MLN wrote:

I bought Spotify Premium 2013-03-12 / Order ID: 168435210013.

On my profile/account it says I still have Spotify Free and I get ads over the screen. (The annoying voice-ads are gone though.)

When I try to play Spotify on my Iphone it does´'t work. I have to get Premium it says. What to do?

I have tried to uninstall on both computer and Iphone with no result of getting the Premium I paid for.

Please give it a few minutes, also uninstall and reinstall the iPhone app 🙂

Liam

I receny just purchased premium as well.on my android andit still says i have to upgrade!

Hi dmc233! Welcome to the Spotify Community.

I'm sorry you're currently experiencing some issues with getting your subscription to Spotify Premium to work on your phone. The Spotify Team has been facing some gross little issues in the back-end with pushing out the updated subscription status to numerous versions of the Spotify software.

Just give it a little while and it should work. If anything, try following some of the steps outlined in this post. This will hopefully force your phone to pull new data from the servers.

Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

Suggested posts