Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upgraded to Premium yesterday and got charged twice- now don't know if I have cancelled or not

Upgraded to Premium yesterday and got charged twice- now don't know if I have cancelled or not

Hi

another problem with Spotify - I subscribed to the premium service and got charged twice through PayPal. I contacted Spotify only to get an infuriating reply telling me to go onto the forum. I tried PayPal but their resolution service do not cover subscribtions. I think that it is dreadful customer service by Spotify to make it as difficult as possible to contact or get help about accounts and money. 

I don't know how to resolve this and have had to cancel my direct debit with PayPal to ensure that Spotify don't continue to charge me for a subscribtion that I have tried to cancel - how the hell does anyone manage with this company if there is only a forum and NO customer service 

Waiting to hear from Spotify and happy new year to all 

2 Replies

Just reply to the automated email you have about posting here and a member of the team will be able to lend a hand. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter

don't think that replying to an automated mail from no-reply@spotify.com that tells you not to reply supports great customer service but appreciate your reply. I have written back advising you that I have cancelled my subscriptions but I have to tell you that it has taken the best part of the morning speaking to paypal and the bank and now I have the problem of setting up all my direct debits again - tell me  - would you be happy with this as a service that you subscribe to?

Nevertheless I await a mail confirming that my subscription is cancelled and that you will not be drawing money against my account

cheers

P

Suggested posts