Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upgraded to a Family Plan and have no idea how to set up the second account

Upgraded to a Family Plan and have no idea how to set up the second account

So, I have been paying for Spotify for a while now for my daughter. She is the primary user of the account and listens on her iphone and ipad. I have spotify on my laptop and phone and will log in every once in a while to hear a song or two.  Of course, it is her account and I always have to be sure she is not on when I listen so I don't cut her off. So, I decided to add a member with the family plan. I assumed it would be an easy thing to add ( like netflix ) where you just sign in as a specific person. So, it asked me to send a link or email to a family member. Since it is my kids account ( i set it up and paid for it ) i sent the link to myself on;y to have it say I already have an account. Help.

5 Replies

Hey there!

The cavalry's here 🙂

Are you still having issues setting up your Spotify Family plan?

Let us know, we'll see what we can suggest.

Yes same issue

I am having a similar problem...not exactly, but an issue with logins and the family plan. My kids and I each had spotify free-and in february I signed up for spotify family. I invited them, and now one of my kids is actually the "administrator", even though all of the info listed is me (username, dob, etc). When we signed up I figured everyone had to use my login and password to hook into the family account...is that the problem?? Were they all supposed to sign in with their own original spotify info after I invited them? If so, how can I fix this issue? The problem is we all get bumped off while we're listening, and I can't do any admin things. Help!!! I don't want to pay for this if it's not going to work!!

Hello @Mnijoy @loganmax

Each family member has to have a separate username and password. So the first step is to create yourself a new account (if you haven't already).

You can create it here:

https://www.spotify.com/signup/

I suggest creating it with an email address, since you'll be able to pick a spotify username /password. Using facebook will not let you do that, and that sometimes causes problems.

You'll now have a Free account, so the next step is to join your Family plan through your daughter's account (She's the one who pays, so she'll be the Family Admin).

Send yourself the invite to the email you used to create your new account. Accept the invite and you'll be set. Both will be able to listen to music at the same time, and will have separate libraries, playlists and friends.
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

hello @pinkliliz

Each family member has to have a separate username and password.

They can create them here:

https://www.spotify.com/signup/

As I was telling, I suggest creating them with an email address, since they'll be able to pick a spotify username /password. Using facebook will not let them do that, and that sometimes causes problems.

The account that pays then links the other family members to the plan through the spotify website.

More detailed instructions on how to do that can be found on the FAQ:

https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/guides/#!/article/spotify-family

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts