Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upgrading from Premium to Premium Duo + changing country

Solved!

Upgrading from Premium to Premium Duo + changing country

Hi there,

I would appreciate some help with the following:

- ACTUAL SITUATION

I’m currently based in The Netherlands and have a Premium subscription associated to KPN, partner of Spotify.

- WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT

I’ll shortly move to Spain for good. Therefore my account will be uncoupled from KPN and cease being Premium.

- WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO DO

Upgrade the same account I had in The Netherlands to Premium Duo, for me and my wife, in Spain.

- QUESTIONS

Is this possible? Will I lose my playlists?

Many thanks beforehand,

Luis

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ldelapinta,

Thank you for posting your question on the Community, and welcome! 

It is possible to start a new subscription after moving to a different country. Your playlists won't be affected as your music library is independent of the subscription. However, you may need to download the music to your devices again. 

The first thing to do is cancelling your current subscription. On this article you can find the steps to do it

After your account is reverted to Free follow the steps on this article under the section Don’t have Premium? Note that you'll be able to update the country after you're in Spain. 

Lastly, head to this site to get your new subscription. 

Hope this clears things up. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions 🙂

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @ldelapinta,

Thank you for posting your question on the Community, and welcome! 

It is possible to start a new subscription after moving to a different country. Your playlists won't be affected as your music library is independent of the subscription. However, you may need to download the music to your devices again. 

The first thing to do is cancelling your current subscription. On this article you can find the steps to do it

After your account is reverted to Free follow the steps on this article under the section Don’t have Premium? Note that you'll be able to update the country after you're in Spain. 

Lastly, head to this site to get your new subscription. 

Hope this clears things up. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions 🙂

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts