Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upgrading from Spotify Premium to Spotify Premium Family

Upgrading from Spotify Premium to Spotify Premium Family

Hello, I currently have a Spotify Premium account but want to upgrade to Spotify Premium Family. However, I don't want to end up setting up a Premium Family Direct Debit payment AND keep my existing payment going as well so that I end up being effectively double-charged. 

How do I set it up to ensure I am making only the one payment (just the Premium Family one) and get to retain my existing account within the Premium Family package?

Thanks

3 Replies

Hey @mellors81 ,

Welcome to the Community.

If you upgrade your subscription from regular Premium to Premium for Family, your next payment date will likely move up to few days earlier than it had been. This is because of the difference between the price of Premium for Family and the regular Premium subscription you were on. You can track all this on your Subscription page.

I also recommend you to check out this article for more information about the Family Plan.

Hope this helps! 🙂

Hello, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply but it doesn't really answer my question. I'm not referring to the date of the payment, but asking if I will end up getting double charged (i.e. £10 for Spotify Premium and then £15 for Spotify Premium Family = £25), when I only want to be paying for 1 - Spotify Premium Family. To move over from Spotify Premium (my current account) to Spotify Premium Family, how do I do so without paying the double charge?

Thanks,

Sam

Don't worry, you'll literally just upgrade your plan. You will not be charged twice.

Suggested posts