Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upraged for a one month Free Premium and got charged since day one

Upraged for a one month Free Premium and got charged since day one

I upraged my account to Premium by clicking on "free one month premium" banner and gave my friend credit card number and he got charged since day one. I was planning to use only one month of free premium but it charged instantly.

This is outrageous, what should I do to fix this ?

7 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Have you gone to your subscriptions overview and cancelled from there?

If that doesn't work, feel free to submit an online contact form and someone at Spotify can cancel it for you.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

hi I did cancel the subscription, but I was charged before that (straight after registration)

I submitted the form you provided, where do I find the response now? I haven't received any emails from Spotify.

Thanks!

@albrechtfriedma wrote:

hi I did cancel the subscription, but I was charged before that (straight after registration)

I submitted the form you provided, where do I find the response now? I haven't received any emails from Spotify.

Thanks!

Did you not even get an automated reply when you got in touch?

It will have been sent to the email address on your online profile so be sure to check that email account including your spam/junk folders. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I checked my junk and found a notification that I had received some private messages.

However, in my Spotify Community inbox there are only messages about " new rank in the Spotify Community"

Of course I was checking the same email address  that is my Facebook account.

I am not really getting what is going on and where I can check status of my "tickets" or reports.

albrechtfriedma wrote:

I am not really getting what is going on and where I can check status of my "tickets" or reports.

When you submit a case via that contact form Anthony linked, you'll have received an automated response with a case # attached to it. If you reply back to that email, one of our support guys will pick it up. Alternatively, let us know that case # and we'll chase it up.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I didn't receive any kind of email first time although after submiting the message I received "Thank you!
Your message is on its way to us right now." message.

I submitted the form again now so I will see what is going to happen.

Thanks for help

I've just checked - your email did indeed end up in the queue. It'll be picked up by one of our payments guys really soon. Keep an eye on your inbox.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Suggested posts