Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Use Spotify for Commercial use

Solved!

Use Spotify for Commercial use

Hello Spotify

Is it possible to get a special licens, so i can use Spotify in my bar?

- I would like to make a queue solution so people can select tracks to play in the bar, and for this i would like to use Spotify.

Is it possible, please say yes!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Afraid not, danielwilliams. Spotify is for personal use only. 

To add support to the idea though, you should add your Kudos over here.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Afraid not, danielwilliams. Spotify is for personal use only. 

To add support to the idea though, you should add your Kudos over here.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

If you were to use a spotify account in a bar/club - what would the consequences be?

If Spotify find out, they will close your account. 

13. Term and termination
These Terms will continue to apply to you until terminated by either you or Spotify. Spotify may terminate the Terms or suspend your access to the Spotify Service at any time, including in the event of your actual or suspected unauthorised use of the Spotify Service or non-compliance with the Terms. If you or Spotify terminate the Terms, or if Spotify suspends your access to the Spotify Service, you agree that Spotify shall have no liability or responsibility to you and Spotify will not refund any amounts that you have already paid, to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law. To learn how to terminate your Spotify account, please go here.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

is there any explanation as to why this is? I mean, why do Spotify choose to only provide streaming services for personal use. Surely there is a a lot of profit to be made in the commercial sector.

Thanks,

Guessing those licensing terms would be different, got to choose your market I would think (and Spotify is for personal usage). 

Peter

I personally think spotify should work on this. For establishments, they usually pay a PRO an annual fee to broadcast music over establishments, that's all good and fine, but the problem is PRO's have no way to track which songs are ACTUALLY being played hence the supposed royalties are not actually going into the right hands(obviously, not the artists')

If spotify was to introduce a feature like a commercial service, it will have the correct data and will make establishments sleep better knowing theyre actually doing a good thing and not just paying off  the music mafia.

It is here, but only available in Sweden currently.

Spotify Business:
https://www.soundtrackyourbrand.com/

Peter

I know of countless places here In Norway where they use Spotify on bars, bowling alleys, coffy shops, resturants etc. Should I report this to anyone? And then again, how?

**bleep**ing snitch

Suggested posts