Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Use Spotify in Korea

Solved!

Use Spotify in Korea

I have a premium account. 

I recently moved from Netherlands to South-Korea.

Spotify still work great on my iMac and iPad.

I also want to install Spotify for Android  on my new Korean phone (Samsung Galaxy S2), however

i'm not able to install it on this phone. It's not available in the Android Play store.

How can I get Spotify on my Korean phone ?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Rasbek wrote:
Any luck with this? I'm considering buying an android phone here in Korea, but no Spotify would be a deal-breaker.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Officially, the Spotify application is only available in countries where Spotify has launched, even if your Spotify account is registered in another country. However, you might be able to download the application from another source (unofficially) such as outlined in this post.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Good news!

Spotify is now available in South Korea

News article:

https://newsroom.spotify.com/2021-02-01/spotify-launches-in-south-korea/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Any luck with this? I'm considering buying an android phone here in Korea, but no Spotify would be a deal-breaker.
Marked as solution

@Rasbek wrote:

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Officially, the Spotify application is only available in countries where Spotify has launched, even if your Spotify account is registered in another country. However, you might be able to download the application from another source (unofficially) such as outlined in this post.

Peter

Peter

Very helpful, thanks.

Oh Sweeeet!!!!

I've been having the same trouble!!!! 

Thanks a lot!!!!! 

It works on my Samsung Galaxy (I'm in Korea as well)

Please help... I am cclearly an idiot! I have no idea how to make it work and that post makes noooo sense to me. My Spotify was working for me up until about two weeks ago and now it keeps telling me i can't have it anymore.

Are you in Korea @SnowFatFlake ? How did you get spotify to work for you originally and on what device?

Hi There. I will be moving to South Korea next week and I currently have a premium account.  I was wondering if spotify will still work on my macbook, Iphone and ipad?

HI there and welcome to the community!

Check out this thread http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Can-I-start-Spotify-in-Korea/td-p/42....

Short answer is, yes, if you already have premium and pay with a card from a country that has Spotify, you should be good to go!

Hope that helps!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Just make sure to download the apps onto your devices before you leave! It is much harder to get your hands on the Spotify apps, especially on iOS once you are abroad.

Peter

I recently moved to South Korea and it logged out by itself so when I tried to log in, it said something like "log in failed. you can use Spotify for 14 days abroad" so I'm not sure what to do.. please help??

Hey there @gymnasticssoomi!

Are you a premium user?

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I'm having a similar problem. I have spotify premium from germany. 2 weeks ago I moved to Korea and tried to install the app for my android phone but it says in the play store that the app is not available. Is there any other option how I can install the app here in Korea on my phone?

Thanks in advance!

Copy the latest Spotify apk file from http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/
Copy the apk file to your Android device (for instance using dropbox)
Open the apk file and the installer will start.

Hi. I just moved here in Korea two weeks ago. And, just today, when I tried to use my Spotify app installed in my Windows PC, it's not working anymore. 

I am from the Philippines. My Spotify was connected to my Globe postpaid account back home. Therefore, I have a free Spotify Premium with it. 

Any help?

So I might be late to the party, but there's this thing called a VPN. I'm hoping all you fine people have heard of it. What a VPN does is reroute your internet traffic through another country and encrypt the connection. You see, Spotify is available in the US, and so are a lot of VPN servers. So all you have to do is download a VPN (I use Zenmate. It's free and pretty fast for the most part) and then you just set it to the US server. You should be able to access Spotify now.

Now, there's another quick fix if you don't want to use a VPN. Just go to Hide.me and use their proxy. Set the server to the US one (it's the fastest) and then just type in the spotify web address (this will also work with mobile phones but it'll probably display the desktop site). Now you can use Spotify in your country 🙂

BTW, if this is illegal to do in your country then I obviously advise against it, but in the US (and in many other countries) it is not illegal to use a VPN or a proxy unless it is Tor specifically. So yeah, just doublecheck what the laws are in your country before you do this. But it's totally legal here in the US for sure.

Good news!

Spotify has announced that it will be coming to South Korea in the first half of 2021

News article:

https://newsroom.spotify.com/2020-12-17/spotify-set-to-launch-in-south-korea-in-the-first-half-of-20...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Good news!

Spotify is now available in South Korea

News article:

https://newsroom.spotify.com/2021-02-01/spotify-launches-in-south-korea/

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts