Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Use paypal without Creditcard

Use paypal without Creditcard

Dear spotifty users,

I'm wanting to buy Spotify premium with paypal, but it's always telling me I need to give up a Credit card number.

I thought the thing about Paypal is paying online without using a Credit card? 😕

Is it not possible to buy spotify without a credit card?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Unfortunately, a credit/debit card is required to purchase Spotify through online channels including using PayPal since Spotify use credit card details to verify your country and contact details are correct. 

Spotify gift cards are available on the high street in some countries, which would allow you to purchase them using any payment method accepted at point of sale. To find out if they are available to you, and if so where go to https://www.spotify.com/gift-card/

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Alright awesome, i'll check that out.

It's kinda contradictory though, because the thing about paypal is being able to pay without a creditcard.

But, it isn't possible to get the 30 days trial for premium without creditcard either? 😕

Thanks for your help!

@Jelle_elaut wrote:

Alright awesome, i'll check that out.

It's kinda contradictory though, because the thing about paypal is being able to pay without a creditcard.

But, it isn't possible to get the 30 days trial for premium without creditcard either? 😕

Thanks for your help!

Nope, you need to enter your credit card details to get the 30 day trial unfortunately since it is the start of a rolling monthly subscription with the first month free. 

To be honest, I have never understood the paypal credit card requirement but there must be a reason for it. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts