Premium

Country

US

Device

Android Max

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

After restarting service I cannot figure out how to activate devices.  I have the app, I got a new password and it gave me a 20 plus character random user name.  First question is can you create your own used name for your account and devices?  

Second question is that I followed instructions for setting log in for my android but they do not work.  Again, I keep getting wrong user name / password.  How do you solve this problem?

3 Replies

Hey horsefrnd!

Sorry about the trouble the app is causing you. Let's hope to resolve the problem as soon as possible!

1. It is, of course, very possible to make your own username and password for a spotify account. 

I believe you have connected a facebook account or something to your account. Probably the problem is that the client is taking too slow to retrieve the data from Facebook. Just wait a while for the temporary blip to be fixed automatically.

If this does not work, then perhaps did you disconnect your facebook account from spotify? If so, then it has been a common problem that the spotify username changes by itself. The only solution would be to connect it to fb again 😞 

2. And yes, since the 20+ characer username is not your actual username, you will not be able to log in. Try to wait a bit until your account is stabilized again, and all should be fine!

Thanks and let me know if the problem is solved by marking this as solved!

Second reply.

What you can also try to do is go to your settings (Settings) on this spotify community page. It should be on the top right corner. It should say "change username for user ###...". Hopefully that solves it!

Thanks for reply.  I did not join with FB, really rarely visit or use FB for anything even though I have a user acount there.

I tried changing user name as you suggest but cannot log in with it.  The only thing that works is the random number string they gave me.  That doesn't even seem to work on my Android App.  This is very frustrating for a permium account.

Suggested posts