Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

User name is a bunch of random letters and numbers.

User name is a bunch of random letters and numbers.

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9+

Operating System

Android 10.0

My Question or Issue

Really confused here, have created a Spotify account and redeemed a premium code and everything was fine until I realised that instead of the name on the profile page showing as "Archoi" (the answer to the 'what should we call you question), it shows a bunch of random numbers and letters. I know there's a display name option but I've never been given an option to change the name being displayed on my profile and really just want to have my name on my profile, surely this is doable and I'm not stuck with this weird name. Thanks.

Screenshot_20191230-142856_Spotify.jpg
2 Replies

Hey @Archoi, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll be happy to help.

It's not possible to change your username, and there is some more info on this here. If you'd like to change the profile name displayed, you have 2 options: 

• You can create a new account to enter a preferred name during sign up.  
    Note: Be sure to cancel any subscriptions on the existing account. Your new account won’t have access to any playlists, followers, or anything saved in Your Library on the existing account. 
  • Or, you can connect to Facebook to display your Facebook name.

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @Archoi

Just to add to the useful links @Billy-J provided, you might want to check this ongoing issue, since you filled the What should we call you? gap and it didn't work. 

Make sure to add your +VOTE there and provide all the information needed, so they can pass it on to the right team, who will attempt to apply the necessary changes to your account. 

Suggested posts