Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

User p88g8c27pc94u9z7ucl8gbwfe has been getting into peoples' accounts.

Solved!

User p88g8c27pc94u9z7ucl8gbwfe has been getting into peoples' accounts.

User

p88g8c27pc94u9z7ucl8gbwfe

on spotify has accessed my account. I noticed that I started having EDM and disco in my listening history when I don't listen to those. He also followed his playlists like a dummy so that's how I was able to find it was him. He has access to accounts named aliciagolden1997 and JDAVIS as well, he followed his playlists on there.

Pretty sure he lives somewhere in germany, or listens to a lot of german music at least. I did get a ping that he tried logging in from somewhere in Arizona though so probably spoofing his IP also.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Mate_Nazur

Thank you for confirming that!

This has been reported, and the right team will look into it.

If it comes to security, if you still see suspicious activity on your account, you should reach out to the Customer Support team via the link I provided in my previous response, in order to fully secure your account.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi @Mate_Nazur,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community

If you see suspicious activity on your Spotify account, first reset the password:

1. Open the password reset form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.
  2. Go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

If the issue persists, you can reach out to Customer Support.

You can find the contact form here

I hope it helps!

Yep, did those things. Do something about the other person or at least look into it please.

Marked as solution

Hi @Mate_Nazur

Thank you for confirming that!

This has been reported, and the right team will look into it.

If it comes to security, if you still see suspicious activity on your account, you should reach out to the Customer Support team via the link I provided in my previous response, in order to fully secure your account.

Have a nice day!

Hello @Mate_Nazur

I hope you're having a great day and that everything is okay with your account now!

Could you provide with links to these playlists so that they can be forwarded to the right team to take a closer look on this case? 

I'll keep an eye out for your reply!

heres a link to the actual account : https://open.spotify.com/user/p88g8c27pc94u9z7ucl8gbwfe?si=Ym1PfDI2R6KY4uXluEv3sA

heres the playlist that tipped me off, I have cristaloone as a recently played artist, as long with skrillex, AS WELL as this being in my "heavy rotation" having never actually listened to them : https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5s66R4zr738xB9KzW9fWSF?si=be1P2GrVRYOu6ZoUB7o3pg

I know hes german from the amount of german music hes listened to, and I also got an email saying another account for a service I had logged in from somewhere in germany within the past two weeks. Should be able to see he follows the other two accounts that I originally posted, probably backups.

Hi @Mate_Nazur 

I really appreciate the links you provided. 

I've just forwarded your message to the right folks so that they can further investigate this case. 

Thank for being so cooperative 🙂

Suggested posts