Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Username BUG

Username BUG

Plan

Premium

Country

Israel

Device

Galaxy s9+ \ PC

Operating System

android \ windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've joined Spotify a few days ago and got my free trial going on.

when i registered i chose "Kami" as my nickname (yes i know i can't loggin with this name and that im getting a random string of letters and numbers as a username)
However, for some reason Spotify completly ignored my nickname and now im stuck with that long random username they gave me as my nickname.

i have no idea how to change that and also i cannot make a new account as i'll lose my fresh free trial. 
if anyone or ever a mod see this and can help me i'll be grateful because this app looks great for music but this is a bad way to start things out.

image.png
7 Replies

Hey @user-removed ,

Welcome to the Community! 

I'd recommend you to confirm if the option "Facebook Processing Data" is enabled here.

Also, it can take a week or so to refresh your profile and show your Facebook name, instead of a bunch of random characters.

Hope this helps. 😃

Same thing here.
Spotify must be kidding!!!!
A week to refresh a username? I work with databases for 25 years now... Updating a field is a sub second story... Unless you have a crappy app.
I have registered my 12 years old daughter to Spotify to our family Premium account and now she ends up with a very crappy bunch of random characters as a username... Are you Spotify serious with this? You do not allow users to change their username, you do not allow users to delete theirs account and you end up with such a sloppy piece of app? Have you guys already heard about the difference between a primary key and a unique key in a database? This is ridiculously laughable. I can't believe I am paying for this... Oh! Yeah! and please stop with the captchas EVERYWHERE and hire some serious developers. Thanks

Hey there @user-removed and @_pierre1974,

If the display name you've chosen during sign-up doesn't show in the app, it could be related to this Ongoing Issue. It'd be great if you could add your +VOTE, so we can track how many users are affected by this.

We'll also be happy to help you with your desired display name, if you can provide the following info:

• Your current username. You'll find it on your account overview page.
  • Your device + OS version.
  • The display name you want.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies 🙂 

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

desired display name is : "Kami" 
im using spotify on either my galaxy s9+ android version 9 

or on my PC that uses windows 10.

image.png

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for getting back to us! 

Feel free to reach out to support with your request. 

Have a wonderful day!

PetyaModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have the same problem and idk how to fix it. I can't log in with my user, only my mail.

Hey there @imekojenikonema!

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

You should be able to add a display name to your account following the steps here.

Keep in mind that you won't be able to use that display name to log in, instead you could just enter your email address and password.

If you have a Facebook profile you might also consider linking to Spotify and using it to log in.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you 🙂

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts