Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Username Issue, Email Issue.

Solved!

Username Issue, Email Issue.

I am facing issue regarding the USERNAME, last night i delete my account because i couldn't edit my username. i tried to create new account using the same email (Yahoo email) but when enters email then it says this email is already connected to an account even i permanently delete my account.
then i created new account using SIGN IN using APPLE. still i didn't able to set my username and there is a long random username which i cant edit once again. 
If any help me in this regards TIA.

Plan

Free

Country

Pakistan

Device

(iPhone X)

Operating System

(iOS 14.4)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I recommend you look at this article here.

According to the article, 

"Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it’s not possible to change it. You can always check your username on your account page. But you don’t need to remember it to log in, just use your email address and password, or Facebook

During the signup you will get to create a profile name that’s displayed in the app. You can enter your preferred display name in the "What should we call you?" field. 

A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity. "

So, you cannot change your username, (the jumbled mix of letters and numbers)

As for deleting your account, I think this article should help. 

Because you have 7 days to change your mind, you probably cannot make anoher account with the same email within a week of your account deletion.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I recommend you look at this article here.

According to the article, 

"Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it’s not possible to change it. You can always check your username on your account page. But you don’t need to remember it to log in, just use your email address and password, or Facebook

During the signup you will get to create a profile name that’s displayed in the app. You can enter your preferred display name in the "What should we call you?" field. 

A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity. "

So, you cannot change your username, (the jumbled mix of letters and numbers)

As for deleting your account, I think this article should help. 

Because you have 7 days to change your mind, you probably cannot make anoher account with the same email within a week of your account deletion.

Hope this helps!

Suggested posts