Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Username Not Recognised

Username Not Recognised

Having waded through the painful process of signing up a new family member to a family account, the username fails to be accepted for login. The username selected at "What do we call you" is displayed in the family profile but is rejected for login. Further, the username in the profile id the idiotic million alpha-numeric characters that no one has a hope of remembering.

Question One

How to fix this.

Question Two

Why is there no direct access to Spotify for support?

Highly tempted to simply cancel & try one of the other services. Maybe one of them cares about their customers?

3 Replies

Hello @user-removed!

Thanks for reaching out. I hope I can clear things up.

It's not possible to log in using your display name, you would have to log in using the auto generated username you got. However, I'd recommend you log in by using your email address. On another note, you can contact Spotify Support here

Have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Seems like yet another Spotify "improvement", removing the ability for new accounts to sign in with a username.

Think I'm about done with it. Seems to a be a company philosophy of "How can we make using our product as difficult as possible." 😞

Hey @user-removed,

We appreciate your honest feedback 🙂

We just wanted to point out that display names have never been used for login.

It was previously possible to edit your username, and while this is no longer possible, you can still create a display name at sign-up which will show in your profile.

That said, we've been working on making the login process more seamless for users by giving them more options. Make sure to keep your eyes peeled/

In the meantime, if you have any specific suggestions, you can always post an idea for consideration. Just head here to read up on how the Idea Exchange works.

Let us know if there's anything else. We'll be right here 🙂

Suggested posts