Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Username Problem: undef-ie

Solved!

Username Problem: undef-ie

Plan

Premium

Country

Ireland

My Question or Issue

I wanted to change my password so I requested a password reset and entered a new one. The password was changed but my username displays as "undef-ie" instead of my actual username and this is quite clearly not my actual account. This is an issue as I am unable to log in to my account on any new devices. I have a premium account and don't want to get locked out. Thank you for your help!

spotify.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @helpMe30,

This is very odd. If you know the username (not your display name) of your original account, try entering it in our password reset form instead of your email address.

It's also a good thing to try any other email addresses you have, even if you think you haven't used them for your account or try LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK, if your account is connected to Facebook.

Also, keep in mind that some provider have multiple domains that'll all end up in the same inbox (e.g. gmail.com and googlemail.com) but you need to enter the one that's registered with your account to reset the password.

Hope this info is useful. We'll be here if you need more help.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi @helpMe30!

It sounds like you might’ve accidentally signed into another account instead. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for more info.

Let me know how it goes!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I don't think so because when I request a password reset with my email I get this as a response.

Untitled.png
Marked as solution

Hey there @helpMe30,

This is very odd. If you know the username (not your display name) of your original account, try entering it in our password reset form instead of your email address.

It's also a good thing to try any other email addresses you have, even if you think you haven't used them for your account or try LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK, if your account is connected to Facebook.

Also, keep in mind that some provider have multiple domains that'll all end up in the same inbox (e.g. gmail.com and googlemail.com) but you need to enter the one that's registered with your account to reset the password.

Hope this info is useful. We'll be here if you need more help.

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you so so much. The problem seems to have been that I was entering "gmail" instead of "googlemail". Very annoying issue, odd that google does this. Thanks for the help!

Suggested posts